Discuss Two timers to one load in parallel. and/or configuration. (NOT 3 way) in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

gashmore

DIY
Reaction score
I have an air compressor plumbed throughout my shop feeding a dozen outlets. To avoid excess compressor running due to inevitable small leaks I installed a 120V solenoid on the compressor output. The solenoid is wired to a count down timer so when I need air I start the timer for one hour. At the far end of the shop is a hose spool used to inflate the tires. It gets used more than all the other outlets and I have to go to the other end of the building to start the timer any time I need it. To save steps I want to add a second timer at that end of the shop. The question is, can I (legally) wire both timers in parallel to the solenoid so that the solenoid will be on when either or both of the timers is active?

These are digital timers and I am assuming I will not let the smoke out if one sees voltage coming back on the controlled line.

Reply to Two timers to one load in parallel. and/or configuration. (NOT 3 way) in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a couple of lights on a 3-way circuit and I want to rewire them with motion sensor outlets and have them in parallel. This way, if either...
Replies
Views
I have a staircase about 25 feet long with two recessed lights (one up top, the other at the bottom). Each light is on its own 3-way switch, which...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in Mexico, where I have a small, un-official trailer park on my property. The property is serviced by my privately owned, 650amp...
Replies
Views
This weekend I was replacing a hall light fixture in my old home (rewired circa 1980/90's) and noticed the work was done using one of the exposed...
Replies
Views
Hi there Complete novice electrical wise. I am refurbishing an old 1950s Injection Moulding machine and looking to replace the Power Timer...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock