Discuss Underground Rectangular chamber heat calculation in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
  1. Calculate the temperature rise in a system consisting of six conductors carrying 1500 amperes each at 132kV, insulated with XLPE, and spanning a cable length of 9 meters. The system is enclosed within a chamber with the following dimensions: length 10 meters, width 10 meters, depth 3000mm. The ambient temperature is 30 degrees Celsius, and the chamber is one surface is exposed to air, with concrete walls that is 0.5 meters thick other five surface is connected with soil. What is the expected temperature rise within this system if there is no ventilation? and what would be the stable temperature in chamber
  2. To maintain the cable temperature at 35 degrees Celsius, how much power must be supplied through ventilation to dissipate the excess heat generated within the system?
  3. So I need to know what would be the equilibrium temperature of the cables, what ventilation power needed to maintain at 35 degrees, and the surrounding environmental conditions as described above?

Curiously, on another forum, someone with a similar user name asked exactly the same question last week, perhaps you have seen the replies? It really does look like a course question, for which we like you to attempt the answer first!

Curiously, on another forum, someone with a similar user name asked exactly the same question last week, perhaps you have seen the replies? It really does look like a course question, for which we like you to attempt the answer first!
May be it was me. Sorry if you got understand me wrongly. This is a typical problem in a project that i am engaged in

Reply to Underground Rectangular chamber heat calculation in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net