Discuss Voltage optimisers in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Seanpj

Hi all first post not sure what I'm doing but here goes I've today been asked to install voltage optimisers at work in domestic properties been told should take around an hour each yet when I thought about it I am wondering do I not need to test the whole house as I'm going to be changing the Ze then every result previous will change if anyone knows would be great thanks

Hi and welcome

In short no, checked with Elecsa only a couple of months ago when i started installing them. At the end of the day all you are doing is placing a piece of equipment on the incoming tails before the distribution board and hence not altering the path to earth.
Make sure you have an isolator switch fitted before the VO so as to allow safe working and i tend to fit an external MET block so that the installation is nice and tidy.

What units are you looking at fitting out of interest?

Thanks a lot for that not sure what units yet will find out tomorrow and let you know just literally got a phone call saying that's what I'm starting to survey properties for the rest of the week then fitting the week after but wanted all of my facts straight before they stiff me on time to do the job

IMO an hour for fitting it is about right if you already have the isolation switch fitted by the energy provider. Takes just as long to explain to the client after the installation i find.

Hi Marvo, sorry for delay been a mental week.

Currently installing Voltis and Marshall-Tufflex with the later being my personal preference. Been installing them for over a 12 month now and have to say they seem to be paying of for my clients.

Reply to Voltage optimisers in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net