Discuss Warning labels for electrical earth connections in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mr.Simple

Guys

just been doing some reading and have raised a question that I am not sure about. I guess you all put your Bs951 clams on the water, oil and gas pipes with the appropriate label but, do you also affix a warning label to the MET if this is accessible. My reading of 514.13.1 suggests that you don't need to do this, but it would seem sensible. Does anyone do this?

(iii) the main earth terminal where seperate from the main switchgear

I read this as, if the MET is located within a panel then not, but should it be mounted externally then yes you need apply the warning label.

I have done in the past, I had some Traffolyte labels left over from another job, I used them for this until I ran out, if I get any more made I will use them for this again.

Just to add, I helps if each terminal is identified. Not so much for domestic, you go in to an industrial situation and you can be faced with a MET with dozens of terminals.

Yes, always tag all the cables, so that it's patently obvious which are the MEBs etc, avoids accidentally testing the wrong thing for Ze etc.

Reply to Warning labels for electrical earth connections in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, I have recently encountered that my circuit breaker for the upstairs lights keeps tripping. I flick it back on and immediately it trips...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm having a new boiler fitted in a new location. I need to provide power for the boiler which I'm looking to do myself. Boiler: Ideal Logic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Small flat, currently has a small'ish feed water tank, top of a cupboard, feed through a wall into under stairs cupboard. Hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am looking for some advice regarding old rewireable (3036) fuse boards in regards to additions and alterations. I am an electrician and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock