Discuss what socket can i fit 3 old 2.5 stranded cables into? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chopper

swapped a single socket to a double for a friend , however it has 3 2.5mm stranded cables at it and i cant terminate them into new socket as the hole aint big enough on the click socket,
does anyone know what brand it is that has 2 holes for all 3 terminations to be made or have any other ideas, i thought it was mk but i cant ind one any help thanks

swapped a single socket to a double for a friend , however it has 3 2.5mm stranded cables at it and i cant terminate them into new socket as the hole aint big enough on the click socket,
does anyone know what brand it is that has 2 holes for all 3 terminations to be made or have any other ideas, i thought it was mk but i cant ind one any help thanks
JUst trim em down a bit....it`l be allright...lol.....:joker:

try electric center. trhey do a decent quality double with excellent large terminals. give us a minute and i'll see if i can give you the make etc.

acel. their own brand good quality at decent price. can't tell from the catalog which one has the extra large terminals. you'll have to go in and ask. and it will be 7/029 cable, no metric crap about that!

Your talking about the old 7/029 imperial cable. Buy any decent double socket outlet and they will fit. All power accessories used to have terminations to cover 12mm now they are 10mm. So 3 X 7/029 conductors should be able to be terminated in any 10mm plate connection outlet...

glenspark that ow you go on pal lol, is it you wht does this on meter tails and 16mm eath on earth bar, pc electrics is it m2 what has 2 holes in black and are even colour coded, nt sure if its imperial its copper pvc twin , maybe imperial dont know been doing job 4 year and gaffer used to just say its the old 2.5mm cable, feels and looks like 4mm twin and earth does now

no you not got it wrong i cant get 3 old stranded cables in the new socket outlet, thats why im asking, also tried mk but 2 small has someone said m2 have 2 ports to put cables in

3 X 3/.027 will fit any decent socket, with care. To my mind far better than 2.5 single strand crap. As you tighten the connection each core beds in to the next making a sound joint.

But I'm an old fart!

A tight fit possibly if the strands have been twisted up tightly into a solid core...strip back to where the strands lay naturally as enclosed in the insulation,and dont twist any further,insert individually,and I'll wager you'll get 3 in just about any socket.

was going to suggest stripping back if cables long enough. another way round it ( though some say it's not compliant) would be to terminate in wagos or chock blocks and take a single piece of 2.5. to the socket from each.

Reply to what socket can i fit 3 old 2.5 stranded cables into? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net