Discuss whats PIR???? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Damon

I often read on here about guys doing PIR tests etc....I am a newbie and im guessing its not Passive Infra Red?

What does it mean/involve etc...?

Cheers

Maybe not in name per se, but it is a requirement for the electrical system to be sound and safe in rented accommodation, it's just that most landlords don't seem to see that...

It will soon be called an Electrical Installation Condition Report, so if you're going to do your 2391 then you may want to wait for about 18 months until BS7671:2008 including amendment 1 comes into play on the 1st of January 2012.

Maybe not in name per se, but it is a requirement for the electrical system to be sound and safe in rented accommodation, it's just that most landlords don't seem to see that...

It will soon be called an Electrical Installation Condition Report, so if you're going to do your 2391 then you may want to wait for about 18 months until BS7671:2008 including amendment 1 comes into play on the 1st of January 2012.

do you know of anything else that is changing when these amendments come out.

Yes i do.... Many many things!!

You can download the draft for public comment here: - Draft for Public Comment (DPC) - BS 7671:2008 Amendment No 1 - The IET

We're getting surge protection, medical locations, gangways, designers discretion on installing RCDs for minor works.

Over 200 pages of changes!

:)

Reply to whats PIR???? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
Trying to install a Lutron Toggle/Dimmer (TGCL-153PR) Confused, as the current switch has 3 wires gong to it Black, White, and Red (there is also...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am new to photovoltaic system installation, can you guys give me some advice. Currently I plan to purchase a Maysun Solar 800W...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've gotten AI to write up a terms and conditions for my company and then went through it with AI and tweaked it to make it sound a...
Replies
Views
I got a TEXT message (i dont know them and i cant find out who they are from the phone number) "Hi speaking from Indeed Are you available to give...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock