Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss when does part M apply? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

ExArmy

-
Reaction score
so according to part M of the buiding regs sockets are to be installed at 450mm min from floor and switches 1200mm from the floor max.

but does this only apply to a new build? if a kitchen was to be completely gutted and wired from scratch would it apply then?

new biulds only or total refurb of property. just a kitchen, you can fit wherever. the 1200mm height, though is ideal for over the worktop sockets, but they can be higher if the client wants.

If the kitchen is already existing and it's just being gutted and rewired then no it doesn't have to be applied. You can use the existing socket/switch heights, as long as you don't make it any less accessible than it was before.

It applies in new dwellings or were there are structural changes to the building ie. a new extension or rooms demolished and rebuilt.

Reply to when does part M apply? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

hello, i am just about to completely rewire a refurbished house. i have done the same to several houses in the distant past. i have just read...
Replies
Views
I've asked a similar question before I think and we came to the conclusion that apart from new houses and HMO's etc there aren't any rules about...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to change cu from old fuse board which has 6 fuses. Only 4 fuses are used. The first fuse feeds cooker circuit. This is not used...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock