Discuss Which course to refresh for 16th Edition City and Guilds 236 parts i and ii in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I originally passed my City and Guilds 236 Electrical Installations parts i and ii courses, along with working 4 years for an NICEIC registered company back in 1994. In 2000 I started to work in the Fire and Security Industry, and since 2013 I have been in Rail and Telecoms, as a design /systems engineering resource.

I passed just as the 15th Edition regulations were replaced by the 16th but have not sat the 17th or 18th. I would like to get back up to date, so I could potentially design and complete electrical installations again, with some potentially being in a domestic environment. What is the best way to achieve this. I am aware of Part P but do not have in depth knowledge, I have seen the new cable colours and know the 18th Edition came in to force this year.

Thank you in advance.

I'd buy a BS7671:2018 book and look through that, for starters.
Ask questions on here as well... Most of us are helpful.... (I'm not as I'm an idiot... :) )

I'd buy a BS7671:2018 book and look through that, for starters.
Ask questions on here as well... Most of us are helpful.... (I'm not as I'm an idiot... :) )
Thanks for the response. I've just looked on the IET site at getting a copy, will get one ordered. The rest, I cannot comment on.

tlc offering 18th @ £79.

@OP.all youneed is pass the book read exam fo 2382-18tyh, and get up to speed with this new-fangled digital meters without moving pointers .

Thank you but as a paid up MIET, I can get it new from IET for £61.75 :)

I'm meterdextrous! I have found a course near me, for 2382-18 with C&G Exam, which I am thinking of doing.
OK but how much per year is IET Membership?

Can I ask Jonny, did you sort this? I'm in a very similar situation.
I qualified at 16th edition and have been installing security systems for a long time now.
Want to get back in to electrical work.
Thanks

Can I ask Jonny, did you sort this? I'm in a very similar situation.
I qualified at 16th edition and have been installing security systems for a long time now.
Want to get back in to electrical work.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum mate.
I have to ask, if you only have the 16th then what do you do for testing your installs?

Reply to Which course to refresh for 16th Edition City and Guilds 236 parts i and ii in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock