SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Who's on furlough then? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Unless your making emergency vehicles then I'd say your boss is pulling a fast one.
This is a list of businesses that must shut down:

As we are not forced to close, and business is not effected (as months of work ready to be done).

I would be surprised if the government would pay to "furlough" us.
There will be a lot more caveats in this scheme in order to claim, than they make out.

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Gavin John Hyde

-
Arms
Esteemed
had a look at that.Goodwin Barrat. they take half of the payback (well.48%). still worth a try.
Depends how upto speed you are with paperwork and forms. Could try yourself but 52% of something you didn't think you might get is better than 0 and no stress involved

This is a list of businesses that must shut down:

As we are not forced to close, and business is not effected (as months of work ready to be done).

I would be surprised if the government would pay to "furlough" us.
There will be a lot more caveats in this scheme in order to claim, than they make out.
You cannot be working for any period of time to claim wages through the furlough system.

GBDamo

-
Supporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
First three hours of being home and it's bedlam :eek:

Can't face cleaning the drive either.

Nope, told its not applicable to my industry (coach building/motorsport hospitality/race trailers).

Boss says as we have not been told to shut, and we can stay 2 metres apart, and do not travel outside the workshop, we are not eligible to be "furlough'd"

And TBH i would rather work, 3+ weeks at home would be tedious....
So you sleep and eat there as well, because that's the only way you could be deemed to not travel outside the workshop.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Who's on furlough then? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom