Search the forum,

Discuss why always me? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Benjamiin

I've just priced a job , for a fully qualified auto electrician! Ive also done work for people whose dad was an electrician, and he used to send me up in the loft to pull in 'wires'!! I myself have always installed cable, not wire haha! And i always seem to pick the bloke who'll do all the donkey work to keep the cost down!! The suggestions these people come out with are almost laughable, yet more proof of how a little knowledge is dangerous! Please tell me i'm not the only one who gets these toshers!!

I've had my fair share too mate, last one was a turkish guy who's idea to keep costs down was for me to tell him exactly how to wire his new pizza/kebab place including full instructions for a new consumer unit and then he would pay me to test and cert it.
Needless to say I laughed long and hard at him.

I've had my fair share too mate, last one was a turkish guy who's idea to keep costs down was for me to tell him exactly how to wire his new pizza/kebab place including full instructions for a new consumer unit and then he would pay me to test and cert it.
Needless to say I laughed long and hard at him.

This wasnt in Newcastle city Centre was it? I had one.. He did all the wiring and I connected it up... I declined and he tried to persuade me with a mixed kebab... Tempting but i also declined

Mate i hear you !

We are quite strongly agriculturally based and i would say we have 50 - 60 jobs a year where we are meant to be working along side their own labour , i say meant because it generally means , "we watch and you still charge as if it was all done by use" .:frown2:

i once had similar. the week before, i'd taken a duff RCD to peices just out of interest, so i gave him that and told him to reassemble it, then i'd give him full instructions. funny, he never called back.

This wasnt in Newcastle city Centre was it? I had one.. He did all the wiring and I connected it up... I declined and he tried to persuade me with a mixed kebab... Tempting but i also declined
Hebburn mate, last I heard he got some cowboy in to do it for a fraction of what I'd charge, he still had the balls to ring and ask me for certs though. Not sure if it was for the council or his insurers, don't really care either if I'm brutally honest because he's getting bugger all off me.

I had a guy up the west road try the same.. Had a quote off me for 3 rewires.. Never herd anything for months until I got a call saying that sorry but I was too expensive but now he needs cert in order to sell the property.. I declined.

I've just priced a job , for a fully qualified auto electrician! Ive also done work for people whose dad was an electrician, and he used to send me up in the loft to pull in 'wires'!! I myself have always installed cable, not wire haha! And i always seem to pick the bloke who'll do all the donkey work to keep the cost down!! The suggestions these people come out with are almost laughable, yet more proof of how a little knowledge is dangerous! Please tell me i'm not the only one who gets these toshers!!

EH?????

[/QUOTE] EH?????[/QUOTE]

Just trying to work out if im the only poor sod eho gets these idiots, diyers who fancy themselves as a spark, the awkward ones that think that because they are an auto electrician can advise you on how to do your job etc etc

Reply to why always me? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net