Discuss Why does the UK use rings for sockets? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

It’s called a laughing stock at the moment.
central belt under different restrictions than rest of Scotland... cafes, restraints and bars closing for 16 days or on restricted hours... down to whether they have a drinks license or not....

Back to the ring discussion....

next plan for the SNP is all of Scotland being rewired in tartan coloured cables.... Gordon for live, Macdonald for neutral.
13A plugs will be replaced with triangle pins, just to be different to the rest of the uk.
All electricity must be generated by non existent North Sea oil

Just noticed this as well!

Don't even know what the country where I live is called....

I will bury my head in shame.

To complicate matters further, some people would go to great lengths to point out that Northern Ireland isn't technically a country.

I just try to keep my head down and get on with life, leaving such details to those with the time to discuss important matters :D

It’s called a laughing stock at the moment.
central belt under different restrictions than rest of Scotland... cafes, restraints and bars closing for 16 days or on restricted hours... down to whether they have a drinks license or not....

Back to the ring discussion....

next plan for the SNP is all of Scotland being rewired in tartan coloured cables.... Gordon for live, Macdonald for neutral.
13A plugs will be replaced with triangle pins, just to be different to the rest of the uk.
All electricity must be generated by non existent North Sea oil
judging by what i've heard from nickers stugeon, she could power a wind farm
with her breath

Has anyone else ever noticed that according to the BBC broadcasts southern Ireland does not have weather?
RTÉ can be equally guilty of suggesting that life as you know it simply stops at that little dotted line they call the border.

That said, you get the full ---- probe treatment crossing it at the minute.

Welcome to dystopia.

RTÉ can be equally guilty of suggesting that life as you know it simply stops at that little dotted line they call the border.

There was a good example that did the internet rounds last winter, showing severe storms in ROI and leaving NI pleasantly green.

Absolutely no comment on border checks past, present or future :D

Welcome to dystopia.
Damm and I was hoping to get over to Malin head diving soon.

You know just about the most Northen part of the island - to the North of Northen Ireland in Southern Ireland!

There was a good example that did the internet rounds last winter, showing severe storms in ROI and leaving NI pleasantly green.

Absolutely no comment on border checks past, present or future :D
LOL.

Apparantly the Gardaí didn't like my answer when asked where I was going when I told them that they had no enforcement powers, end of story. And that it was none of their business.

However they had to admit that I was correct and wave me on after delaying me unnecessarily for 15 minutes. Funny thing is they always wave me through in the van though.

Damm and I was hoping to get over to Malin head diving soon.

You know just about the most Northen part of the island - to the North of Northen Ireland in Southern Ireland!
I would suggest if you are looking to do that to travel from Scotland to the north and drive through (rather than travel to the south directly). It will all be pretty unenforceable "advice" then which you can simply ignore.

The downside is that there is nothing open in Donegal!

That said they've shut everything down here in Derry too...

I would suggest if you are looking to do that to travel from Scotland to the north and drive through (rather than travel to the south directly). It will all be pretty unenforceable "advice" then which you can simply ignore.

The downside is that there is nothing open in Donegal!

That said they've shut everything down here in Derry too...
We usually go via NI

Stranraer - Belfast - Londonderry/Derry - Letterkenny - Downings.

Nothing open in Donegal?

Normal then!

As long as the singing pub is open!

We usually go via NI

Stranraer - Belfast - Londonderry/Derry - Letterkenny - Downings.

Nothing open in Donegal?

Normal then!

As long as the singing pub is open!
Pubs are only open outdoors (in Ireland, in this weather (!)) and only for a maximum of 15 people. Same for restaurants (outdoor dining only, 15 people maximum). Museums, cultural activities etc. closed. No spectators at sports. Lots of other restrictions.

"Essential" travel only advisory, and not to cross any county borders.

To be fair to him, he is American but very well informed of the world outside of America. If only they had more leaders like that!

Better informed leaders have often been prone to interfering in matters that really shouldn't concern them. Not sure what the answer is tbh, but I'm going to deftly avoid the subject by voicing support for both ring and radial circuits.

Reply to Why does the UK use rings for sockets? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net