Discuss Why isnt my tail light working but my brake light is in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2014 mazda bt50 and I'm having trouble woth my tail lights. On one side the tail light and indicator doesn't work but the brake light does. Brake light is a dual filament globe and both are fine.
And on the other side the indicator and tail light work but the brake light doesn't and all filaments are fine. I switched all the globe to make sure that wasn't the problem but still thr same issue does anyone know what might cause this.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

There are two different patterns of bayonet studs on the dual filament bulbs. It may be worth checking you have the correct ones.

I'd suspect corrosion of the circuit board that the lights are fitted into.

When vehicle rear lights start doing peculiar things, check out the negative connections and wiring to the chassis which are common to more than one light.
Use a flylead with one end connected to chassis or battery negative, and temporarily connect the other end to the earthing connection on the lamp clusters.

Reply to Why isnt my tail light working but my brake light is in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The brake lights on my caravan (Sprite Swing) are not working, but all other lights work. I have tested the globes and both elements are working...
Replies
Views
I have a Security Light on my patio and until recently it worked fine. It stopped working and I couldn't decide if it was the LED Floodlight or...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hi there I wonder if you can help me please? I have a problem with the drivers side rear lights on my (2007) Audi A6. (includes taillight, reverse...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an issue with my brake lights coming on when I take the key out the ignition. Therefore running the battery down. The brake...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock