Discuss Why waste money of bootlace crimps when you can do this in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well I was all set to tear into this one. But there's something about it I quite like!

It’s not “amazing”

For the cost of a few bootlace crimps against faffing about.

You do realise the hammering flat bit was speeded up?

Best “hack” I’ve seen was to put the bootlace crimps on backwards, and cutting off the coloured part.

It’s not “amazing”

Best “hack” I’ve seen was to put the bootlace crimps on backwards, and cutting off the coloured part.
seen a few youtuber celeb sparks do this on tictok

It’s not “amazing”

If you want ferrules without the plastic boot why not just buy them without it?

I just look at it and think "How about using the correct size chockblock in the first place.. " or "try screwing the screws all the way down."

Reply to Why waste money of bootlace crimps when you can do this in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

As I have retired now (really!) I have decided to sell my electrical tools etc. They include hand tools, hilmor galv. conduit bender 20/32 with...
Replies
Views
Im looking how to do the Exam only as YOUTUBE is dam good course i paid for ONLINE course and EXAM but the ONLINE Course was Rubbish and got...
Replies
Views
I was asked to see why a set of sockets weren’t working in the house (which appear to be a ring circuit based on breakers) There was no power on...
Replies
Views
I'm 24 and looking for a career change into the electrical industry. Could anyone advise me on the practicality of undertaking a fast track level...
Replies
Views
I had a consumer unit replacement today. It was a bit of a nightmare as most of the cables were too short for the new unit. I extended the ones...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock