Discuss Wiring a 2 switch in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Karlb1

DIY
Reaction score
Hi i have this wall switch, i have a live feed wire 3 core 2.5mm earth/live/neutral one switch is for shower light and extractor the feed for this will go to a 13amp fused socket then on to the light/extractor. Other switch on to bedroom lights. Ok my problem is this looking at the back picture my live wires to the socket which terminals do i connect to. Then my outs for the other mentioned above thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20201010_114936.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20201010_114927.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 5
Are you replacing an existing switch or have you put in new cables for a new circuit.

Whilst the forum is happy to assist DIYers with some tasks, for example replacing a light switch it stops at giving step by step advice. Your thread is asking for advice on how to connect a light switch to new wiring so this is verging on step by step. Installing a new circuit or extending a new circuit is more that connect it and see if it functions, you have to consider if existing earthing arrangements are satisfactory and whether correct circuit protection is applied including additional rcd protection. The circuit should be tested prior to energizing it to ensure it functions as it should.

Whilst the forum is happy to assist DIYers with some tasks, for example replacing a light switch it stops at giving step by step advice. Your thread is asking for advice on how to connect a light switch to new wiring so this is verging on step by step. Installing a new circuit or extending a new circuit is more that connect it and see if it functions, you have to consider if existing earthing arrangements are satisfactory and whether correct circuit protection is applied including additional rcd protection. The circuit should be tested prior to energizing it to ensure it functions as it should.
Yes everything else is implace i just need to know whic wire goes into which hole on the switch nothing more please

This is the problem, if you have the knowledge to do this the switch connection would be a simple task. How many cables do you have at the socket you are connecting from. Is it part of a ring final circuit.

This is the problem, if you have the knowledge to do this the switch connection would be a simple task. How many cables do you have at the socket you are connecting from. Is it part of a ring final circuit.
Hi yes one switch goes to shower light and extractor via 13amp breaker switch, the other switch operates the bedroom lighting. But ive not seen a switch the l1 l2 l3 configuration before so unclear which goes to which terminal

It would be inappropriate to advise not knowing whether what you have installed is compliant and safe.

Reactions: DPG
It would be inappropriate to advise not knowing whether what you have installed is compliant and safe.
Ok i understand just trying to complete a bedroom for father we just lost mother and because of this covid im having to do this myself as i have no work now. Last thing i need to do before i can finish the room for him. Can you recommend a forum that would be willing to help thanks

I suggest you consult an electrician so they can give your work from what they can see a check to see if it is compliant. They will connect your switch.

Reactions: DPG
It is the most appropriate advice to give.

Reply to Wiring a 2 switch in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net