Discuss Wiring Spotlights For A Bathroom 12v? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Connor Davis

I'm looking for someone to shed some light regarding domestic work and bathrooms,

I'm newly qualified spark but my apprenteship was completed on industrial sites so domestic is a new area for me, iv read up on the onsite guides and regs but would like some advice from people that work in domestic.

I brought these spotlights for my bathroom;

6 Pack of Halolite GZ10 / GU10 Aluminium IP44 Fixed Halogen Downlight - Polished Chrome:Amazon.co.uk:Lighting

It's stated these are for bathrooms and shower rooms and that they are IP44 rated, but there 230v, now in the onsite guide it says about 2 metre distance for 12v etc. Are these lights still okay to use in the bathroom or not?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Lights, extract fans all need to be 12v. Look into bathroom zones for more info on moist and wet areas etc (zones)ip64 65 etc.
The onsite guide will tell you all you need, then you know you are right. A lot of people (not on here I,m certain) will miss guide you but you onsite guide won't.

IP44 rated downlights are suitable for both zone 1 and zone 2 in a bathroom. don't let anyone try and tell you that 230V is not allowed. have you ever seen a 12V shower?

Lights, extract fans all need to be 12v. Look into bathroom zones for more info on moist and wet areas etc (zones)ip64 65 etc.
The onsite guide will tell you all you need, then you know you are right. A lot of people (not on here I,m certain) will miss guide you but you onsite guide won't.

botox.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need to be 12v???? Are you sure?
What would be the point in having IP rated 230v equipment then, if you can only use 12v equipment in wet ares?

What a load of rubbish.......... this is not correct (stated for the benefit of anyone reading this later)

You being one of them ?

Do you own an onsite guide, and if so have you read it?

apologies to all for what my post #4 now says. it's not what i posted, the pc gestapo have altered it to an irrelevant word which i need to look up. i think it relates to something women suffer pain to make their bits bigger.

apologies to all for what my post #4 now says. it's not what i posted, the pc gestapo have altered it to an irrelevant word which i need to look up. i think it relates to something women suffer pain to make their bits bigger.

Behave yourself, your old age and dementia will only get you so much slack:smile5: It's only the fact that you have to drive an Hiace everyday that I show you special treatment.

fittings are fine, but change the lamps ( or bulbs, if you like) for 5 or 6 watt GU10 LEDs in cool white..

edit. don't know why that link appeared. ignore. has dan got shares in amazon?

Last edited:

Reply to Wiring Spotlights For A Bathroom 12v? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net