Discuss Worx in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mayfair

Well today I had to borrow a cordless and it was a WORX 16v. It drilled and drilled all day long, really comfortable to hold, lightweight . Ive never heard of them but i was well impresed, maybe not going to last like a makita etc but all in all pretty impresed

I recently bought a worx 18v lithium drill driver and a hammer drill also 18v lithium both with two battery's and charger. Paid £80 each. Been using them everyday and they seem really good. I'm hoping they are kind of like new car brand dacia, low priced as a market introduction but just as good as Renault (who make them). I suppose only time will tell...

I recently bought a worx 18v lithium drill driver and a hammer drill also 18v lithium both with two battery's and charger. Paid £80 each. Been using them everyday and they seem really good. I'm hoping they are kind of like new car brand dacia, low priced as a market introduction but just as good as Renault (who make them). I suppose only time will tell...

Just as good as Renault, so crap then? ;)

i had one. branded as a nissan primastar. out of the 9 months i owned it, it spent 6 months off the road. 1st breakdown was under 3 year warranty. took main dealer 8 weeks to get it running. it went for 6 weeks and broke down again. same fault.

I used to always buy top quality tools but recently I,m begining to wonder about quality issues,I bought a makita angle grinder and it only got used at home.now I'd had it just over 12 months but it had only done about 2 hours work when it packed up,I opened it up and the field coils had gone,not burned out just a break in the coil wire the copper was really thin not like they used to be.

I used to always buy top quality tools but recently I,m begining to wonder about quality issues,I bought a makita angle grinder and it only got used at home.now I'd had it just over 12 months but it had only done about 2 hours work when it packed up,I opened it up and the field coils had gone,not burned out just a break in the coil wire the copper was really thin not like they used to be.

makita qc is hit and miss.

not had a single issue with my drill but my sds has had a complete new gearbox etc.

the selector popped off along with some internal bits etc.

since it was sent back to makita it has been as good as gold.

acording to a large makita,bosch,milwauke dealer etc (they stock most of the range from all three)

they have never seen that fault before on my drill and makita confirmed there suspicions that it was a manufactuing fault.

because we rarely use grinders I just picked the bosch one up when it was on offer for £35

Reply to Worx in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net