Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss 2012 inspection and testing writen exam (very eassy paper in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rezarougi

hi,buddies today was the 2391 written exam and i must say that it was a fairly eassy paper, and i'll be disapointed if the national average success is gone to be as low as the december 2011 one (37%)

I agree, it was fairly easy. Section A tested knowledge on a range of subjects. Section B asked about the usual testing procedures: Continuity of circuit protective conductor on a lighting circuit, Insulation Resistance on a ring final circuit, RCD test, the reason to carry out Earth Fault loop impedance test and 2 conditions that must be true to conduct this test, etc. Also 8 marks of the last question was on verify the measured values of Zs using the "rule of thumb", in other words .8*(the max Zs as tabulated in BS7671).

I agree with E54 (for a change lol). When I did mine section B asked to basically design a tt system in a marina! Not easy.

But anyway gents hope you get a cardboarded envelope in the not too distant future.

I took the exam thursday as well. Sadly not my first time, but 1 question that bothered me was it asked what checks need to be made and what they involve. it was in section B and it was for the outside lighting circuit in the car park wired in SWA 2 core. i answered with 5 tick boxes from the schedule of inspections and detailed what the check invloved? anyone think i should have replied differently?

I took the exam thursday as well. Sadly not my first time, but 1 question that bothered me was it asked what checks need to be made and what they involve. it was in section B and it was for the outside lighting circuit in the car park wired in SWA 2 core. i answered with 5 tick boxes from the schedule of inspections and detailed what the check invloved? anyone think i should have replied differently?

Generally these questions are looking for items to be listed from 2.6.3 of Guidance Note 3 but you may have done that depending on how you described the checks-items such as:

Glands correctly selected and fitted with shrouds & supplementary earth tags
Acceptable internal bending radii
Correctly supported cable run

etc etc.

i mentioned 'erection methods', 'connection of conductors', 'identification of conductors', 'adequacy of access to switchgear and equiptment', 'routing of cables'

Just out of interest, where are the figures for the pass mark for the DEC 2011, (37%), and was that for the written or over all the exams, (practical?)

They were also asking what was involved in each of checks. I put visual, touch etc etc aswell.

Ah ok, I left that bit out as there is a question that's asks 'name 3 senses that would be used'. Although that's not a bad thing mentioning it. If there are 15 marks available then you would get 3 marks for each correctly identified check I guess

I've tried to upload yesterdays paper, but there appears to be a database error, I will try again later.

I have queried the increasing simplicity of the papers over the past 5 or 6 sittings with my C&G EV.
I suggested to him that it appears as if the C&G are trying to get the papers passed to deplete the backlog of outstanding 2391 resits to allow them to stop writing 2391-301 papers so they can concentrate on the 2394 and 2395 (these new courses, I might add, cost training centres a lot more to enrol delegates and so earn C&G a lot more money).

I had a smirk in response and was not told I was wrong.

Good luck to all regardless.

Yes, it's a floating pass mark, around 60% is what i implied. May go up if students do well, may go down if the results are poor.

I have queried the increasing simplicity of the papers over the past 5 or 6 sittings with my C&G EV.
I suggested to him that it appears as if the C&G are trying to get the papers passed to deplete the backlog of outstanding 2391 resits to allow them to stop writing 2391-301 papers so they can concentrate on the 2394 and 2395

Or, it's a taste of whats to come......

Call me Mr Cynic but I cant see the trend bucking myself.:disguise:

Reply to 2012 inspection and testing writen exam (very eassy paper in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net