Discuss 2330 city and guilds papers in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Had the following email fro Pat Fin.

Hi,

Your web site is publishing sensitive commercial information regarding our paid products here:

http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...-nvqs/77-2330-city-guilds-papers-7-print.html

I would request that you remove the page immediatly else I shall seek legal compensation for loss of trade since 2008.

I hope you be of assistance here as this is something I only found out about today and we are all incredibly angry.

If you need to discuss this please call me on 07745 466608.

Seems to think that using the same passwords for years, and giving the same passowrds to everybody, is secure. And we're breaching something for allowing a member to post them once some time ago.

Anyway, I did remove it, fair enough. Sent some advice with the reply.

Sent this reply.

Hi Pat Fin,

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I have removed the information from public view.

However, I think you're very daft to A) give everybody the same username and password, B) use the same public-passwords for 5+ years, and C) not comply with industry standard methods of ensuring data is protected.

I'm not surprised your passwords are all over the internet and I bet in dozens of emails, Facebook, twitter, christ knows where else.

You wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court, I promise you that.

Seek advice on protecting your data, I can tell you one thing though, my forum isn't your problem – and carry on accusing us of being and I'll seek an injunction for harassment as I've done before quite easily.

We're the UK's largest construction network and are financially backed by companies such as Travis Perkins, Mapei, BOSCH, and dozens of other reputable companies. We comply with all UK and EU laws governing data, and complaints, and anything connected to libellous, or slanderous comments. We deal with solicitors on a weekly basis and are incredibly experienced when it comes to accusations made falsely. We have always recouped our legal fees and never settle for less.

Companies like your own waste my time far too much.

Got this increadibly professional reponse back.

Go fucx yourself

Regards,

Patrick Findlay
Technical Web Services
07745 466 608
0208 123 0110
www.technicalweb.co.uk
[email protected]

Nice to see some professionalism in the world eh?
Balls deep in password issues, and then flames the guy who's given him a bit of free advice.

Laughable.
Not very technical web at all!

Reply to 2330 city and guilds papers in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net