Discuss 2nd fixing should but oh no..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Anyone had problems with these slimline fittings,they are so slim,I just can’t get my head round it.
They are not fitting correctly to the wall,looks like these walls need to be flat,not happy with them at all
next time get a sample and see how much the back box needs too back in the wall ,possible to next door .:D try euro light next time .

I must admit, I always like a good bra full.:)

download (3).jpg

I agree with NGD electrics. I use the ones which actually screw to the back box. Generally the faceplates in the OP's post work ok, but like everyone is saying if the wall is not flat (which can often be the case in an older property, farmhouse etc etc) then they can be impossible to get on properly.

I agree with NGD electrics. I use the ones which actually screw to the back box. Generally the faceplates in the OP's post work ok, but like everyone is saying if the wall is not flat (which can often be the case in an older property, farmhouse etc etc) then they can be impossible to get on properly.
3 steading conversions that the customer hired exclusively eastern europeans due to costs

not a single corner was 90*, more like around 80-100* corners, the roofs were also sloping (unintended), bits of the roof also sagged

the wiring was a joke, cables missing from switches, incomplete rings , every single switch must have been lowered aswell because every cable was jointed into connector blocks and singles taken from the connector into the switch backbox, no extra length on the cables either

cant comment on the plumbing works but i imagine they were much the same, so its not exclusive to older properties LOL

when nobody would sign it off he was obliged to get the pro's in, doubt he made any profit.

I have just finished a job that an electrician walked from that had the same brand. They look so bad. Sure the wall has to be flat and you do need a 35mm backbox, but even with that the finish is awful.

@Midwest in post #20 hit the nail on the head. There is so little movement you can do with these plates. Click Definity is the same.

I fitted out a kitchen with them once, never again. Laser level set the boxes through the lugs as normal, it took a good extra couple of hours to clean out the back boxes more than normal and still a total nightmare to get everything level and straight.

Also agree with @Leesparkykent that they look gash. For the extra money they cost and the extra work to install them I wouldn't have screwless flat plate near me. And standard screwed flat plate is even worse looking...it bends and bows and even on a nice flat wall you can see the silly gasket type thing the manufacturer has behind the plate.

I show click deco to customers and they generally all like it. Satin Chrome with black insert. I like how the switch modules are interchangeable and can add dimmer beside a switch in a 3G plate.

Those that don’t like black go for the grey BG Nexus range instead.

Out of all the flat plate stuff I’ve ever fitted, the Home Bargains stuff was by far the best to fit. Still looked like crap imo lol

its when youve got a dual box with 2x sw/fuses and the plates never sit flush with eachother without spending a lifetime to get them to sit right

Mods, why is my writing above below underlined and linking to Midwest's profile?

I'm confused.com...!

Last edited:

Reply to 2nd fixing should but oh no..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net