Discuss £85 to pre-order the 18th edition book!!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Just had an email from NICEIC, clearly they are getting in early, the RRP for the 18th edition is £95!! as with most books its likely that the likes of Amazon and others will be cheaper.
NICEIC though are offering a 'discount', you can pre-order a copy today for just £85.... talk about day light robbery..... I can only assume the people on the IET board will be getting there bonus this year with these prices..
had a further look though and for £128 you can get the 18th, GN3 and OSG. that is more reasonable but still a damn P**s take really...
18th Edition Publications - https://www.shop.niceic.com/18edition/18edition-publications

18th bundles.JPG

I presume we are going to referring to the book as BBB as it's Blue... (well blue to me)

It will leave you feeling blue when you have to pay for it and then read the latest daft changes with no application of common sense

Do what I usually do. Get the company to buy one. Rip the pages out, scan and OCR them and then bind the pages back together again.

Just to add. The scanned copy is for work, so its easier to search.

Luckily my boss is paying for mine. It is, however, a con the amount of money they charge for paper or electronic copies.

Is cash taken on order or delivery?

Blue ink cartridge has just gone on me old printer.....I don't think I'll bother replacing that, either.

I normally like a bit of blue...but I think I will be going off it quite soon!

Lets just say for arguments sake there were no changes needed for 20 years. Would there still be a 19th edition in 10 years?

I would say yes. The updates to the regs is a money spinner for the IET. In my view it is largely a business strategy rather than just keeping the regs up to date with technological changes.

I was told by the NICEIC assessor before xmas when discussing led bulbs and other bits around pme and rods etc.. that they are already deciding on bits for amendment 1 as they cant decide in time for the 18th edition. its all becoming a money maker now. They have seen the certsure business model and fancy a slice of the action

Still got the blue book from the 16th ed knocking about somewhere ! What a riveting read that turned out to be for the price - not. Can't see the 18th being good beside reading either

Reply to £85 to pre-order the 18th edition book!!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net