Discuss ABS Plastic Flood Light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All

Im looking for a ABS Plastic Flood Light in either a SON or MH fitting.

Wattage does not matter.

The housing and mounting must be ABD Plastic as well as the Clips which holds the cover shut!

These are going into a Sea Water Fish Factory and anything metal only lasts 6 months.

If anyone has any other ideas on what we can put in there please let me know.

SON and MH give out very different light, and are generally not suitable for each other's applications. And anywhere between 70W and 1000W ? How can the wattage not matter ?

Wattage does not matter because it is being retro fitted with LED, all I need is an ABS Plastic Flood Light with an E27 (SON/MH usually) fitting.

I have been googleing on and off for the past 2 weeks and cant find anything suitable - hence why I ask on here

Wattage does not matter because it is being retro fitted with LED, all I need is an ABS Plastic Flood Light with an E27 (SON/MH usually) fitting.

Aha ! Strange way round I must say. Have corrosion proof plastic floods not made it into the LED market yet ?

Aha ! Strange way round I must say. Have corrosion proof plastic floods not made it into the LED market yet ?

No they have not because of the heat a Flood Light gives off it needs a heat exchange to dissipate the heat, but open to the air.

Way around it is use an E27 30w Bulb, these are made so well that no heat exchange is required.

The customer has ABS SON Floods but the mounting and case bolts are steel and barely lasts 3 Months before they fall (hanging above the fish tanks!) - not my design at all may I ask!

If anyone else has any ideas on what other lights can be used please let me know

Tough one. I was gonna say that polycarb floods are ten a penny, but they always come with metal brackets.

I would be researching stainless steel bodies. I know nothing about them, but there must be a product used on docks and fishing vessels suitable for this application.

EDIT: Either that or replace all case screws with stainless, and have some stainless brackets made up to suit the fittings.

What about the sealed led fittings you get for ground mounting that come with a good length of flex. Maybe fitted to a stainless bracket? Maybe not bright enough, just thinking out the box.

Boydy

Reply to ABS Plastic Flood Light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net