Discuss Adverts making the forum unusable. in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

ferg

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
I know they pay the bills but there are so many it's making the forum unpleasant to visit.

Forum sponsors on the RHS.
A banner type thing at the bottom that I can minimise.
A banner at the bottom of every post.
Ads in the middle of posts.

At one point I had 2 lines of text on the screen and the rest was adverts
. Screenshot 2023-08-20 174318.pngScreenshot 2023-08-20 174612.png

Solution
Okay I got out of bed and disabled fully the auto ads feature and gone back to manual.

Right this second even subscribed will see some but they won't jump around or cover content.

But before the week is out I would have configured them all right.

Using Chrome with Ad Block extension, had an issue with processor going mental, but that has stopped, sadly another site i use wont work if i have ad block enabled so have to switch it on and off.
I enable that to collect some rough (not personal data) stats on how many are using such necessary evils. (Ad blockers)

I'd hope the sites you visit get some unblocked visits from time to time. Because if everybody blocked everything, everywhere all at once, the Internet would shut the...
I use Chrome on Android and get no adverts. The site is very usable.

The patron flag has an effect though I think.

Chrome on a Windows PC with an adblocker. No ads at all, except for 6 small forum sponsor ads in a short column on the top right of every page.
Android phone is a different matter. Hard to find the forum contents amongst all the ads.

Everyone getting T.e.m.u ads? ( I’m spelling it so google doesn’t think I’m searching for it and gives me even more ads for it)

I don’t know if it’s dodgy, cheap rubbish or what… but it’s a very aggressive advertising campaign.

I use Firefox on the laptop and the phone, both with ad blockers. On the laptop I get a column on the right with some ads and blank gaps between the messages where I assume the ads would be and, usually, nothing at all on the phone.

Interesting - I never get any adverts showing at all, but something has changed today and I am getting one that drops down from the top, and a biggish one as I scroll down.

I know they pay the bills but there are so many it's making the forum unpleasant to visit.

Forum sponsors on the RHS.
A banner type thing at the bottom that I can minimise.
A banner at the bottom of every post.
Ads in the middle of posts.

At one point I had 2 lines of text on the screen and the rest was adverts
.View attachment 110072View attachment 110073
its like trying to read a forum through an Argos catalogue ..

Keeps changing for me, on a laptop.
For the last week or so all has been back to normal except for the blue adblocker box appearing on EVEY page shortly after it was opened. Difference this time was that it went away on clicking the X in the top right corner and didn't come back until a page change.
Blue box has now stopped appearing, and the only problem now is that, when responding to an email notification of a new post, it opens at the top of the relevant page, rather than at the first unread post.

Reply to Adverts making the forum unusable. in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net