Discuss Any Ideas on Microwave Oven Repairs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

tobias

-
Reaction score
Im thinking of venturing into microwave oven repair business, anyone to help with ideas especially safety precautions, schematic diagrams and repair tips.

Dont! microwave ovens use extremely high voltages,they are not something to be dabbled with,they generate voltages in the order of 60kv and carry a fair punch,I,ve heard of people losing fingers from getting it wrong(blown off) and thats just the start of the risks.If you want to do this then I would seriously recommend a proper training course.

Im thinking of venturing into microwave oven repair business, anyone to help with ideas especially safety precautions, schematic diagrams and repair tips.

Always discharge the capacitor before carrying out any work. When it comes to repairing they are quite simple, a low voltage side and a high voltage side all pretty straight forward.

Lost for words here!! Venturing into an area of work that you seem to have no experience of, or even understand the dangers that lay waiting for you!!!

Think of the word ''Microwave'' .....it's a form of radiation, and not to be tampered with lightly!! Start operating a microwave generating oven without the protective covers in place and you're just asking for trouble, not only to yourself, but anyone else in the vicinity!!

Calling these ovens simple and straightforward to work on, especially to someone that has no experience, or of the safety precautions required, is frankly crazy, if not irresponsible!!

I think the only thing I'd want to do with a broken microwave is put it in the bin!

Years ago my dad opened the microwave which was at face level, it didn't stop and within seconds he felt really ill. He was ok but this was enough to make me think how dangerous they are if not working properly.

Having worked on industrial microwaves, take it from me. Don’t go near them without training.
But I think you’ll find as has been said, it’s uneconomic.

agree with above. domestic micros are a throw away item. bought ours ( a daewoo combi in 2006 for a car boot for £8. have done 1 repair... replaced the pigmy bulb.still works perfectly. owes me nowt. LOL.

I'd disagree commercial microwaves are not that cheap, for the sake of the odd doide or capacitor they are worth repairing, but to make living out of it, I think you would need cover many othef types of commercial equipment.

I stated the most important bit, discarge the capacitor. As for microwaves, there is no real risk as long as you dont go removing the magnatron and fire it up.

Hmmmm I could actually envisage that happening.

GET SOME TRAINING!!, there is a doubling circuit upto 4000 volts, and microwaves will frazzle you inside out!!!

Reply to Any Ideas on Microwave Oven Repairs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net