Discuss Average Cost For 2.5 kW system? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

R32

Could anybody help point me in the right direction to get an accurate quote for * kW grid tied STANDALONE system??

I need to know the cost of all the balance of system as well

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your question seems a bit vague and confusing - can you be more specific about what you're trying to achieve?

Explain what you find confusing ?

Stand-alone, in my mind, means NOT connected to the grid; by definition, it is standing alone, in the middle of nowhere, where there is no mains power.

When you speak of "the cost of the balance" - do you mean the costings of the component parts - such as the approximate sensible price (in £500 blocks) for an installation of a 2.5kW system such as:

Inverter: £1000
Roof-mounting rails: £1000
Cables, conduit/trunking, generation meter, electrical sundries: £500
10x250W Sanyo panels: £4000 (about half that cost for Chinese panels)
Scaffolding and related equipment: £1000
Day-and-a-half's wages for electrician and two roofers: £500
Miscellaneous costs - sales rep, survey, system design, bureacracy, paperwork, certification, maintenance of company registration etc: £500
Occasional warranty-repairs, occasional purchase of new tools, transportation etc: £500
VAT: £500
Then a little profit on top for the company - £500
Total cost around £10000 for a Sanyo system and £8000 for a system with Chinese panels.

Bigger systems tend to work out cheaper per kW of output; 2.5kWp might cost £10k (£4000 per kWp) but 4kWp would only cost about £12k (£3000 per kWp).
A relatively small 1.5kWp system would work out about £5000 per kWp.

*Note that these are just rough numbers; they're not 100% accurate, but they'll get you "in the right ballpark", as they say.
I am not presently associated with any solar company nor am I making any kind of offer or guarantee.

Thank you for effort it your post! As far as I am aware standalone means a system that is not roof mounted. So you could have it in your garden and it's call standalone.

And yes back to me original post I need something close to an itemized bill stating what costs what, so no rounding up and ideally I need to state the manufacturer and model. Regards

A PV grid tied system designed as a non-critical standalone facility with a requirement of **kWh/day. Determine PV size and battery storage requirement assuming a typical insolation for *** at latitude of ** north. Include In your answer typical derating effects for the balance of system and use any choice components you deem suitable.
Detail PV and BOS inventory.

Last edited by a moderator:
What would the cost have to do with anything else on that list? seems like a funny question to have to answer when there are so many other variables not described. If its 'standing alone', is it next to a supply or 300mtrs away? Whats the ground its being mounted on, and how? Ballast or pile driven etc?

I'm not sure you'll find many people willing to put an itemised bill of what they are getting materials for on a public forum, and i'm not sure you really need it with such a vague description.

Can you please read the original post before writing any comments. And so far you haven't exactly been helpful. I do not require your opinion on what other people are willing to do.

Can you please read the original post before writing any comments. And so far you haven't exactly been helpful. I do not require your opinion on what other people are willing to do.

Its your college question so why dont you get off here and get your head in a book and find the answers like your probably supposed to be doing

Name me a book I am suppose to have that will have how much an inverter will cost. Or even the batteries? Again I appreciate if you don't want to help but please do not comment before reading the whole post. Thanks.

Reply to Average Cost For 2.5 kW system? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net