Discuss Best books for revision? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lookatrabbit

Hi i am going to be doing the 17th edition and have seen many different books just wondered if you all had an opinion on the best to get? also im after an inspection and testing book? was going to do the 2392 testing course but realised you dont need it for part p so hoping to just self learn it from books, ( i have done this at college just want memory refreshing) thanks

For the 17th NICEIC do a "17th edition study guide" which some courses provide so check before you buy. It is very good but quite weighty so you need quite some time to work through it. THIS is it here - could be a major bargain.
Kitcher's book is good for inspection and testing, however although it says 17th edition on the front there are still a lot of 16th edition references particularly with the questions in the back. You would also need a copy of guidance note 3.

Get the 17th edition regs book and the on site guide, these are what you will need for the course, and the course is all about finding you way around the book. The exam is open book, you may as well get them because you will need to take them into the exam.

As for testing and Inspection, IEE guidance note 3 has all you need, the OSG has some good references as well.

Reply to Best books for revision? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Guys, looking at doing Initial and Periodic inspecting and testing. Looking between the CandG and EAL Just wondering if I can ask peoples...
Replies
Views
I am currently going self employed. I was never put through any 18th edition courses, so have booked myself onto my 18th wiring regs. I want...
Replies
Views
Hi, has anyone completed the CG 2391-52 inspection & testing course online with LearnZone Media recently? Just looking for opinions or feedback...
Replies
Views
Hello all Planning to do the 18th edition online. I could just batter loads of old papers on the head and then have an attempt ( I will do loads...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am 17th Edition trained (although I've been out of the industry for a few years.) Looking to sit 18th Edition course and exam to get...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock