Discuss Best cabling solution for External Socket in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

charlie101

Hi all

I need to run some cabling for an external socket in a garden. The cabling will be run around the walls and will not be buried.
The cable will need to pass throught an 18" solid wall and there will be a number of turns before the final destincation.
What do you think is the best approach; Conduit or armoured cable?
Which will age better/safer ie 10 or 15 years from now?
Conduit just seems more work but I will use if it's a significantly better job.

Thanks in advance

Charlie101

ide use bit swa cable,,, use propper size cleats to fix to walls and do it neatly and it wont look to bad,,,ive used both methods in the past,,

Bending SWA around corners whilst keeping within bend radius limit and making it look good (never a fun task) = another vote for conduit.

TBH conduit would make a neater job than SWA. unless you go with malcolm's favorite and use MICC

Thanks everyone for your replies. It looks to me like making cable look good and stay good will be more work than I thought. I'll go with the Conduit.Thanks againCharlie101

I'd probably go with SWA. PVC conduit outdoors doesn't always take that well to the weather (especially if likely to be abused).

Reply to Best cabling solution for External Socket in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I've got an new outbuilding that needs power run out to it, the building is very close to the house and the original plan was to run an...
Replies
Views
What's best practice if running cable from garage out to outside double sockets? I'm re rendering that wall and thought it'd be nice if I could...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm going to be wiring up my garden office with power and ethernet underground and I need advice on the best way to run the cables as I have...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am burying a fiber optic cable so I have internet in my garage. I have purchased the following flexible conduit to run the fiber optic...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock