Discuss Best place for sourcing vintage filament lamps, coloured corded flex etc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tidy Max

Alreet chaps.

Does anybody on here have a good contact for reasonably priced filament lamps such as squirrel cage or radio valve style lamps?

Yeah i have seen Urban Cottage before, quite pricey though. I am going to make some fittings for our house seeing as i am making everything else!

As always thanks for all of the suggestions.

Somebody told me about something called a 'day off', apparently if i take one i will have time to go round some car boots and charity shops to hopefully find some decent crap to turn into lamps or light fittings!

I priced up making a bespoke 6 pendant fitting for a client before Christmas. I found it all horrendously expensive gear for what it is. I also found trying to source cheaper gear left me looking at Chinese crap probably not suitable for UK use.

I found this place cheapest for lamps though.
Vintage Filament Bulbs

the best site I found for choice was probably the lamps and lights link in the second post.

Yeah it certainly isn't cheap!

Everything else in the house is going to be led but over the dining table i want 3 filament pendants and then i may do some more pendants dotted around the landing as we have very high ceilings and i think it will look good! Although i will only let her put them on for special occasions lol

You can get LED filament styled lamps as well, not tried them yet but they look pretty (won't burn your special expensive flex either, its not made of asbestos anymore!)

I use Lamps and Lights for flex and lampholders, but Dowsing and Reynolds are also very good - next day delivery and trade discount, just give them a call and say you're a spark and they will give you a trade discount code. Dowsing & Reynolds: Vintage Light Bulbs & Home Décor - Dowsing & Reynolds

Excellent products as well, their 60W filament lamps I used to replace another brand at a hotel, the old brand lasted maximum 2 months, the Dowsing and Reynolds ones are still going 6 months on.

If you are looking for LED filament lamps, try Avantech LED in Birmingham - they are very very good and I have just installed 30+ of their 6W (60W equivalent) and would definitely recommend!

Reply to Best place for sourcing vintage filament lamps, coloured corded flex etc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net