Discuss Blown LED lamp, who pays? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I fit either halers H2 pro or if the customer doesnt want the expense a standard halogen fitting with a crompton GU10 LED. The Haler H2 pro come with a 7 year manufacturers warranty. I guarantee the fittings for 1 year and then its the manufacturers. I tell the customer that they MUST send the warranty form off, if they dont they wont get the warranty and if they call me in, it will be chargeable

With the GU10 LEDs in the standard fittings I give a 3 year guarantee. I feel I cant bang on about how great LEDs are and then charge the customer if one fails after say 18 months. My wholesaler is very good about returning duff lamps even after 1 year so my loss is a little time usually after a days work. Having said that I havent had many fail after 1 year anyway

I will ask about them next trip to the wholesalers. Could well be worth a look. Are they much cheaper?. Admittedly the Ecostars are pricey but you get what you pay for imo.

They have been pitched at the same level as the generic led d/l you get like the aurora m series or Halers offerings. They look like them and are of a similar price

i always think its luck of the draw with some LED lamps. If one had blown after 10 months i would not replace at a cost to me. I would tell the customer to get the receipt out of the handover pack id given them and sort if themselves. If you cant change a lamp in your own home your pretty much screwed in life. However if i was passing/near and they had got the lamp i would fit it for a ÂŁ10 fee.

I returned to the customer this morning and replaced the Lamp free of charge, the customer was so happy that he asked me to re-wire his entire house right there and then which I did... so a small little favour earnt me ÂŁ1000 for a days work! :D

Well... the first bit was true!

I returned to the customer this morning and replaced the Lamp free of charge, the customer was so happy that he asked me to re-wire his entire house right there and then which I did... so a small little favour earnt me ÂŁ1000 for a days work! :D

Well... the first bit was true!
Nice money Steve, all in an day. lol

Reply to Blown LED lamp, who pays? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net