Discuss Bonding Structural Steel on farm building, TN system? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
On a TN system , i want to bond the structural steel on a farm shed. But the submain across to the farm shed is only 10mm Twin and Earth, so only a 4mm cpc is supplied? I was going to install a 10mm cpc to the steel from the local shed db? any help please.

yes - i may suggest replacing the overhead submain - (you find these alot in older farms) if its a problem - then yes i will isolate the earth in the shed on that sub main , and install an earth rod local - with only a 6mm to the steel. I would only use a main switch in this shed db, as the supply t&e is covered by a 30mA RCD. would you agree?

yes - i may suggest replacing the overhead submain - (you find these alot in older farms) if its a problem - then yes i will isolate the earth in the shed on that sub main , and install an earth rod local - with only a 6mm to the steel. I would only use a main switch in this shed db, as the supply t&e is covered by a 30mA RCD. would you agree?

Reading through some of your other posts regarding "this farm" you appear to be well outside your comfort zone.

Obviously I have not seen this job in person , but even so I feel confident enough from what you have mentioned in other posts , that this farm will be nowhere near the required speck to allow any other head connection than TT .

Reply to Bonding Structural Steel on farm building, TN system? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

TNC-S main supply with 16mm swa supplying garage consumer unit from main consumer unit in house, then 4mm swa supplying pond equipment through...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm nearly on my AM2 test and really enjoy the industrial side of things so I thought I'd learn by asking. I recently came across...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Looking for help here as I've come across a strange call-out today. Bare with me here: Got a call from a customer saying they had...
Replies
Views
This thread is in relation to the job at the farm I am thinking of taking on (3 phase thread). At present the farm is all PME. I believe it needs...
Replies
Views
Just thoughts Id share my recent fun and games on my parents farm.. The electrics are old. Its a 400yr old house with outbuildings just as old...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock