Discuss Bonding to plastic water pipe in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

My suggestion would be that if you have to ask these questions you're not yet competent enough to be carrying out such work unsupervised. I would seriously consider getting some more knowledge and experience under your belt before carrying out your own work.

My guess however would be, that you won't take a blind bit of notice of what I've just said and that you'll just plough on regardless feeling secure in the knowledge that if the NICEIC say you're competent, then it 'must' be true.
One question I asked that questions my computancy was the water bonding. My gut instinct as a competent tester would be no it doesn't need bonding as the incoming is not a conductive material- but Sod's law if I didn't ask the question the niceic would be as misery as you.

you couls always fit a plastic clamp. :conehead:

Why are you upgrading the tails? Are you planning on cutting the seals to the meter?

Not sure why I said that they are already 25mm

just as a example really- when I change fbs for company I upgrade 16mm to 25mm (514.3)

let eat me guess you call the don do you? And you look like brad pit too? Bore off

he bloody well will, mate, if he's anywhere near competent. if you change a CU, then any dangerous parts of the installation must be rectified.

hence why I said about issuing a eicr!
then asked if they would want a clean one. Or just check MY work (fuse board and the EIC I issue it)

suppose you were a motor repair garage and a customer brought a car in for a new clutch. would you let him drive it away if the brakes were totally flicked?

Reply to Bonding to plastic water pipe in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net