Discuss Bought a Metrel 3125 with no rechargable batteries/charger in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tidy Max

Yo folks, bought a Metrel 3125 off the bay (wont be doing that again) and it has no charger or rechargable batteries. Does anyone else run there MFT's off third party rechargables? Does it normally come with a battery pack or standard AA size batteries?

Cheers

send it back. sale of goods act " fit for purpose" unless it was sold as having no batteries, then you're stuffed.

I assume this is a second hand tester and you have no operators manual

From Metrel's website
Built-in charger & rechargeable batteries: unit has a built-in charging circuit and comes complete with a set of rechargeable NiMH batteries.

Rechargeable batteries probably wanted replacing anyway they don't last forever

Caveat emptor

Beware of work direct with AA batteries, the original or replacement Ni-MH batteries all have protect circuit inside the pack to prevent leakage and explosion, if wouldn't like to provide charger and battery, you should let salesman to recommend you a replacement model, see whether makita or dewalt battery could compatible, because it is easy to find these battery, if you have no idea send me email.

Yo folks, bought a Metrel 3125 off the bay (wont be doing that again) and it has no charger or rechargable batteries. Does anyone else run there MFT's off third party rechargables? Does it normally come with a battery pack or standard AA size batteries?

Cheers

Tidy Max,

The Metrel MI3125 comes supplied with rechargeable NiMH 2000 mAh AA batteries and an 230V mains lead that you can connect to your MFT in order to recharge the batteries. Depending on what sort of deal you've had, either send the unit back, or purchase a set of rechargeable AA's and a charger from Maplin or the likes.

Cheers everyone, i appreicate its supposed to come with the appropriate batteries and charger, however a hasty purchase off ebay has landed me with no charger or batteries, basic leads (no tip commander :( ) and the carry case. Test results read the same as another calibrated meter though so hopefully it'l pass calibration.

Its my first meter and although i woild of loved to take up one of the fluke offers that test meter are offering o just couldn't afford it.

Il purchase some Eneloop rechargables, i use them with my dslr and they are fantastic.

Cheers for the advice always, il dish out some thanks when i log on via my laptop

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hahaha sorry i didnt look at who had posted that comment!! I most certainly wasnt having a dig at your prices lol i just really couldnt afford a brand spanker :)

Thanks for the advice and taking the time to reply!

edited: poor spelling

Hahaha sorry i didnt look at who had posted that comment!! I most certainly wasnt having a dig at your prices lol i just really couldnt afford a brand spanker :)

Thanks for the advice and taking the time to reply!

edited: poor spelling

To think that I was about to send you a spare charger for that EXACT tester for FREE before I saw your post........:wink_smile:

In all seriousness, I've found a spare that I'm happy to send out FOC to help you out. Times are tough at the moment, and if we can help out then all's good.

Please can you PM me with a delivery address and I'll sort it.

test-meter.co.uk

Reply to Bought a Metrel 3125 with no rechargable batteries/charger in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net