Discuss Britain Leave the European Union (Please be polite with other people's views) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

motorway distance signs are still all in miles up in the civilised world north of birmingham.

what made us laught last year was a major diversion on A roads for 6 months , the diversion signs were all in Polish.

Some routes do have permanent signs in more than one language to stop some of the stupid accidents that happen like getting trapped under low bridges

I cannot figure out why remainers consistently think brexiteers want to stop immigration, at no point has any campaign for brexit made that claim and still there is no call to stop immigration.

Where brexiteers sit is that we want a controlled immigration policy that we decide as a nation and not one that is forced onto us, we want to put and end to unlimited access to our jobs market which drives industry wages down and displaces jobs for our own nationals.

If we find we cannot fill a job quota in any sector then we will open it up to the world market on an equal basis and not just the EU, this ends the dicriminatory values that we are forced to undertake as a member of the EU.

I'll reiterate that at no point has brexit been about stopping immigration, if that is what you think then you need to stop listening to far right idiots who do not speak for anyone but themselves.

After last nights EU election programme I am even more against a second referendum than I was before.
The remainer pushing the second referendum suggested it should have 3 questions
1. Remain
2. Leave with a deal
3. Leave with no deal

The leave supporter on the panel quickly quashed that idea pointing out that the remain campaign are trying to split the leave vote in order to get a remain majority. Why are the remainers really that desperate to force through a remain vote that they need these sort of tactics

Why would remain even be an option , that was ruled out during the first referendum.
I still cannot get my head around how you part leave the EU to keep remainers happy, EU ruled out cherry picking very early on and quite frankly why would the EU give us the good bits without the bad bits, makes no sense to even pursue it.
To me those that are pushing for a "deal" know this and it really means "we dont want to leave" hence keep asking for something that cannot and will not come.
What a total waste of time and peoples lives, no wonder the Brexit party can be invented and within 6 weeks trump all the other parties hands down... tells you alot.

....Leave or remain was quite a clear cut question....
Agreed... in fact, the question at the referendum was deliberately worded to sway people to vote remain... the logic was that if it's as harsh as Leave or Remain, the tendency would be to remain.

This was supported by "Project Fear" containing a whole series of inaccurate and fanciful predictions of what would happen if you dared to vote Leave... none of which ever happened !

Personally, in the long run, I doubt whether leaving or staying in the EU will make much difference, to me or the country as a whole.
However, in the short term, I believe it’s going to be a disaster.
Just got to survive for another 10 years, then I can retire.
In the long run... the EU will not exist in it's current form... the Euro will see to that. Getting out of it now, before it collapses would be fantasic !... if only the 'remainiacs' in Parliament would let us !!

In the long run... the EU will not exist in it's current form... the Euro will see to that. Getting out of it now, before it collapses would be fantasic !... if only the 'remainiacs' in Parliament would let us !!

Not sure its gonna collapse anytime soon, there's too many asking for more handouts. Thing is, if we do leave, and seems thats a big ask at the moment, then it might be the thing that unravels it. Only time will tell.

As a remainer voter, I think now we should roll the dice and see what happens, we've been in worse ----.

Personally, in the long run, I doubt whether leaving or staying in the EU will make much difference, to me or the country as a whole.
However, in the short term, I believe it’s going to be a disaster.
Just got to survive for another 10 years, then I can retire.
Agree. Go for a no deal Brexit and spend the next 40 years negotiating to get back to where we are now and probably being forced to take up the Euro as well.

What is the point of voting politicians into power if the public have to make all the important decisions via a referendum, especially with no knowledge, only propaganda as a source of information.

I agree with recent comments, those that haven't read the lisbon treaty are in for a shock if you think we were going retain the status quo, within the lisbon treaty is defined a full takeover of power from member states and a full Euro alliance (noted we are exempt but we will still be impacted), this is why France and Ireland rejected it and were forced to vote again until the EU got the result they wanted..... the just repackaged the whole thing under a different name with minor changes that did not effect the intention of it and spent many millions in trying to convince the public it was a very different deal.... it wasn't and by 2021 there is going to be a shock to the public of many of these nations when they learn the truth.

Last edited:
You obviously haven’t read it as this is a well known fallacy that’s been put around.

Is this just an opinion, I will happily cite you some very worrying clauses within the Lisbon treaty or you can just look it up, the EU are aiming to be a superstate, they have admitted that in the light of been pushed to by brexit, within the lisbon treaty it continues to absorb nations individual powers, limits their democratic vote and forces them into taking rules dictated to them from unelected hierarchy who are totally unaccountable....

I am sorry but I want the next generation to be allowed to remove those that rule their lives if they have a majority against them.... Democracy is a right and privilege many countries don't have and look at the state of them, if you want to ignore the referendum you basically make the case for dictatorship.

I will only accept a second referendum if it honours the democratic vote of 2016, thus the only option should be leaving be it a choice between the deal on offer or no deal, anyone that makes a case for remain as an option is undemocratic and a sore loser.

You lost the vote, deal with it and I am sorry to inform you but we did know what we was voting for because both remain and leave said it was an exit from the single market and customs union.... funny how some parties have gone back on their own manifesto promises... both Labour and the Conservatives .... shocked that Brexit romped home well ahead of the rest!

Nigel Farage set for general election comeback?
Could be Prime Minister?
Would be good for Anglo American relationships and an end to global warming problems in this country

Reply to Britain Leave the European Union (Please be polite with other people's views) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net