Discuss Can anyone identify this part? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to fix an old battery pack that won't charge and I'm pretty sure this part is the culprit (when testing with a multimeter this part is breaking the circuit). I'm guessing it's a resistor? Could anyone please direct me to a replacement of the correct type? The second picture is what is written on the side - "10 A" followed by a letter "F" sitting within those two lines. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

IMG_20200131_193142.jpg
wording.jpg

what readings do you get with a meter, ohms, capacitance., ?

How come it says there's a new reply to this thread?

I would be looking for another issue regarding the charger, check the batteries etc, this is a fuse and will act in a fault condition, the fact it has gone means it is likely it did what it supposed to do because a fault occurred.
When I delve into this stuff which really isn't my field I tend to solder a few tails and fit a loose fuse holder on temp' where I can quickly replace the quick blow fuses assuming I haven't located the fault prior.

I would be looking for another issue regarding the charger, check the batteries etc, this is a fuse and will act in a fault condition, the fact it has gone means it is likely it did what it supposed to do because a fault occurred.
When I delve into this stuff which really isn't my field I tend to solder a few tails and fit a loose fuse holder on temp' where I can quickly replace the quick blow fuses assuming I haven't located the fault prior.

He'll have done it by now, it was January.

lol... I should listen to my own advice, I only clocked the last few messages been recent doh :)

Yeah for some reason I had an email saying there was a fresh reply to this thread. But there wasn't.

Yeah for some reason I had an email saying there was a fresh reply to this thread. But there wasn't.
There was then there wasn't, a post was done by a member then deleted by @westward10 as it was a bit misleading as it was a sarcastic post but may not have been interpreted that way to a novice.. you will have got the email flag then found no post as you say because Westward is super efficient and sits there waiting to pounce ;)

There was then there wasn't, a post was done by a member then deleted by @westward10 as it was a bit misleading as it was a sarcastic post but may not have been interpreted that way to a novice.. you will have got the email flag then found no post as you say because Westward is super efficient and sits there waiting to pounce ;)

Ah I see. Cheers. Yeah that Westy is always on the ball.

true. half my posts get deleted, even the helpful ones if there's anything like a bit of humour in them.

Reply to Can anyone identify this part? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net