Discuss Identify this manufacturer? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Can anyone please identify the manufacturer of this transformer?
It's a 240V to low voltage, probably 12V transformer.
The manufacturer's logo appears in the 3rd pic. It appears to read CVD or MD Leicester England.
It has a label with YT 21.68 on it.
It's PCB mounted and the pin config is in the 2nd pic.

Thanks for reading.
IMG_4743.jpg

IMG_4776.jpg

IMG_4741.jpg

Could be tricky. What's it out of? Could you post a photo of the whole PCB.

Oh and welcome to the forum!

Could be tricky. What's it out of? Could you post a photo of the whole PCB.

Oh and welcome to the forum!
Thanks for your welcome.
It's the power supply for a GJD external lighting system. Late '90s. Has since been superseded. Have been advised that the bobbin was made by Miles Platt (Leicester).
Have written to them to see if they can identify the customer. The issue is getting the spec and that might be difficult if the manufacturer no longer exists. Still let's be optimistic. 🤕

Do you have info on the GJD system / module the transformer came out of? Even just a photo, if no model number?

I've worked on several old GJD lighting control systems, they were all 12V. And while obsolete, replacement (updated) parts were still available.

The logo is also Miles Platts and is still used today.

Thanks and yes that's correct. I found that out earlier and have been in touch with them. They only make the bobbin and have supplied it to 1000s of customers world wide for over 50 years! They also suggested the part no might relate to Yardley Transformers in Birmingham but they are not answering their phone. Anyone know of them?

Do you have info on the GJD system / module the transformer came out of? Even just a photo, if no model number?

I've worked on several old GJD lighting control systems, they were all 12V. And while obsolete, replacement (updated) parts were still available.
It's just their standard 2 zone expansion module. Yes they can an alternative but its expensive and I suspect involves some wiring changes whereas the transformer should be a lot cheaper and retains the status quo. What's annoying is we used to have a carton full of these but can't find it! 🙄

It's just their standard 2 zone expansion module. Yes they can an alternative but its expensive and I suspect involves some wiring changes whereas the transformer should be a lot cheaper and retains the status quo. What's annoying is we used to have a carton full of these but can't find it! 🙄
I've had to replace an obsolte module with a 2-zone expansion module in the past, it was quite straightforward, just connect the wiring per the diagram. You are right, the GJD stuff is not cheap, but if you are charging for your time, it probably is more cost effective to just pay for a new unit.

Reply to Identify this manufacturer? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net