• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Can anyone recommend a decent sds cordless and combi drill set? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

egginyourface

Electrician's Arms
Evening all

im in the process of looking for a decent sds cordless drill and combi drill?

ive used dewalt for past few years, combi has been ok. Used it with the nano batteries and they have out lasted both drills.

think is time I change them

any one recommend a decent set?

M

Meggerman

Well, another Dewalt set then would be obvious choice. They have been good have they not? Why go for something different?

Simon-0116

Regular EF Member
dewalt 985? xr 18v good kit good but make sure you register on intertet, as soon as you buy, I made the mistake on mine too busy did it after 5 wks couldn't get extra 2 years warranty bummer.

egginyourface

Electrician's Arms
I was quite happy with the combi set. First one lasted about a year. Second one is still working, and using the nano batteries which are still goin strong.

The sds cordless 18 v only lasted about 2 years and a bit disappointed. Mayb used it too much.

Looking at bosch 18v set or the milwaukeeset.

D Skelton

Fidei Defensor
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Trainee Access
The Bosch 36V SDS is a beast! Best purchases I've ever made!

egginyourface

Electrician's Arms
For me the 36v is a bit chunky and when I'm drilling bigger holes I tend to use 240 v drill. I need something light and easy to use in tight spaces. Also something that has interchangeable batteries so I have access to more batteries

shanky887614

Electrician's Arms
For me the 36v is a bit chunky and when I'm drilling bigger holes I tend to use 240 v drill. I need something light and easy to use in tight spaces. Also something that has interchangeable batteries so I have access to more batteries
18v sds by dewalt, makita or milwauke then.

Im a makita man myself personally

Bosch 36v are practically unbreakable and feel like they will go on forever

shanky887614

Electrician's Arms
Last edited:

Andy78

Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
I have this combi and it's a great little tool. It's not as heavy duty as the HD18 as Shanky says, but I find the only limitation it has is a weak hammer. So coupled with the SDS it would make a great kit.
I use it as my main drill and it copes with everything I use it for, with the added bonus of being small so you can use it between joists. I even strapped its handle on and used it with a 52mm diamond core bit with no complaints last week.

shanky887614

Electrician's Arms
I have this combi and it's a great little tool. It's not as heavy duty as the HD18 as Shanky says, but I find the only limitation it has is a weak hammer. So coupled with the SDS it would make a great kit.
I use it as my main drill and it copes with everything I use it for, with the added bonus of being small so you can use it between joists. I even strapped its handle on and used it with a 52mm diamond core bit with no complaints last week.
How long is it? Ive been eying up for a smaller drill mine is too long.

First time I saw the 458 I thought it was low-mid range because of size its tiny.

A mate at work uses the dewalt 14.4 and its a bloody good drill can stand up to 18v drills easily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.