Discuss Cancield 3 week job in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davetherave1979

Hi Everyone due to start a rewire for 3 weeks in a weeks time which has been booked in 4 weeks ago customer rings to day to say he is not sure what he planes to do to his house ie alterations so deceided to forget to have the rewiring done which is ++++ as I cancield other jobs so ill just have to wait for the phone to ring and do some diy jobs at home any of you guys get this

yes occasionally...........same type of customer who thinks they can give you 1 days notice for a big job starting!!! one thing that you can rely on 100% and that is..............when they call back and want it doing, its gonna cost them a LOT more ;-)

Hi Everyone due to start a rewire for 3 weeks in a weeks time which has been booked in 4 weeks ago customer rings to day to say he is not sure what he planes to do to his house ie alterations so deceided to forget to have the rewiring done which is ++++ as I cancield other jobs so ill just have to wait for the phone to ring and do some diy jobs at home any of you guys get this

Did you put your people skills well and truly to the test and ask to visit the property with them and go over things that are playing on their mind? Perhaps a partial rewire of the property would suffice? Times are hard for many people and something is better than nothing... You may even end up earning more for less work???

They may just want reassuring that they are doing the right thing, take all of your tools though because once you have done the business they may want you to start there and then.... That's if they're not laying on the BS and are trying to fob you off because they have had a cheaper quote??? :)

Bit of a bummer :mad:

Just a thought for future reference....Did you get a deposit when you got original confirmation of the job...?

Anything over £500 I always require a 30% deposit and cancellation has to be up to 7 working days before in writing to get a refund (all stated in my T+C's)

All the best,

Sy

Last edited:
This is the first time this has happened in 11 years of working for my self so have been lucky but could do with the money as work has been quiet for the last month we only take a deposit on the day we start the job normally 20% but im thinking about doing this before we start now the customers is doing a new kitchen and thinking about nocking walls down the kitchen companys electrician is wiring the kitchen its a big house about £1.2mill i think he wants to save the money or he is getting other qotes from kitchen comp for electrics we did some work for him lighting wise outside and he kepte changing his mind the weared thing is that i spent 2 hours with them today going over the job he added loads of extra stuff from what we first quoted for then 4 hours later rings up to put on hold

This is the first time this has happened in 11 years of working for my self so have been lucky but could do with the money as work has been quiet for the last month we only take a deposit on the day we start the job normally 20% but im thinking about doing this before we start now the customers is doing a new kitchen and thinking about nocking walls down the kitchen companys electrician is wiring the kitchen its a big house about £1.2mill i think he wants to save the money or he is getting other qotes from kitchen comp for electrics we did some work for him lighting wise outside and he kepte changing his mind the weared thing is that i spent 2 hours with them today going over the job he added loads of extra stuff from what we first quoted for then 4 hours later rings up to put on hold

Personally dave I wouldnt bother with the job it sounds as though you will have trouble getting the money off him once the work is completed anyway cheers leigh

Reply to Cancield 3 week job in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net