Discuss Checkatrade,Mybuilder, Myhammer ratedpeople etc etc.. Your views? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

was once upon a time signed up with rated people. had a few leads sent. average cost per lead was £8. average job was 40 miles each way for a £40 call-out. do the maths.

You don't have to pay per lead with checkatrade just the annual subscription which is about £600-£700 a year which can be paid in instalments. I have a mate who has been on checkatrade for about 6months and says he's had about £14000 worth of work out of it..... I'd rather have a punt with checkatrade than paying yellow pages the same sort of money.

I think what you have to ask yourself is would you use a site like that if you needed a trades person? I wouldn't.

I think there are too many of these sites and it's too watered down, maybe if there was just the one site then it would probably be ok, but I get calls quite frequently from other sites that are so unheard of I think where's it going to stop.

seriously I have had calls from something like find a local tradesman. Com or something, loads of different ones I've certainly never heard of.

I just typed electrician in and got rated people and yell on the.first Google.page
It being Google knows were I am with my ip address so I don't get us links

Anybody with these websites? Do they work for you? What's your experience with them? How much are they costing you?

The only experience I have had with Trusted Traders, was when my insurance company sent a Plumber around to fix a leak, now I'm no Plumber but this bloke, I had to tell him to pack his kit and fox trot Oscar, my kitchen taps are very expensive, this berk went to work with a pair of 12" stiltsons, got the company to send someone who was qualified, the point I'm trying make, if that;s the caliber of "TRUSTED TRADESMEN" you are better off keeping away from them IMO.

Reply to Checkatrade,Mybuilder, Myhammer ratedpeople etc etc.. Your views? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net