Discuss Christmas call out charges in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If i get a call then its £100 notes before i start on the beer, anything after then it not happening. Quote what you want to make for working christmas day. If you dont get it then enjoy the day with the family.

Im at the inlaws this year so may even work for free..

double the normal rate. but if it's one of my regular clients, discretionary discount.

greed..... bear in mind that part of what we charge is for overheads. just because it's xmas day or whatever, fuel costs are the same as any day of the year, all other overheads remain constant. for the anti-social call-out, expect to charge double for your time. but that is only a part of the charge to the client.

greed..... bear in mind that part of what we charge is for overheads. just because it's xmas day or whatever, fuel costs are the same as any day of the year, all other overheads remain constant. for the anti-social call-out, expect to charge double for your time. but that is only a part of the charge to the client.

£10 for 10 minutes is double time, not greed.

The £100 call out is double time for travel including fuel costs, and don't forget the earache from Gert who is left cooking your xmas dinner.

I think that is fair not greedy...................

I think quadruple time for Christmas day is fair, Don't forget you are all time served professional trademen with real quality and know more than 50 builders and plumbers put together, plus it is our saviour Jesus's birthday, so around £100.00 for the first hour allowing for travel on this special day due to our quality is more than fair, and the customer will understand unless he is a Builder of course lmao, I suspect most customers would be delighted to actually get someone to the house if a fault occured in the first place, come on lads you are real skilled men, don't ever mention double time again for this day haha.

I'd charge the same as I would on any Sunday or bank holiday which is £80. I'd do my best to help over the phone first so I didn't have to go but I do advertise a 24/7 service so I'd have to go if needed.

I don't advertise a 24h service, but I DO advertise 'emergency response' for electrics

For out of hours calls I try and help over the phone. If that fails I have a card machine, if I don't know the client then I take payment up front before I leave the house.

No pay no hay

I think quadruple time for Christmas day is fair, Don't forget you are all time served professional trademen with real quality and know more than 50 builders and plumbers put together, plus it is our saviour Jesus's birthday, so around £100.00 for the first hour allowing for travel on this special day due to our quality is more than fair, and the customer will understand unless he is a Builder of course lmao, I suspect most customers would be delighted to actually get someone to the house if a fault occured in the first place, come on lads you are real skilled men, don't ever mention double time again for this day haha.

I reckon a figure of 100 pounds is about right. And that has nothing to do with with any religious leanings anyone might have, or not have...

Though i think your talking in the minority as far as you state ''Don't forget you are all time served professional tradesmen with real quality'' ...If only they all were...lol!!

Reply to Christmas call out charges in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net