Discuss Consumer unit change certification in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gazthesparky

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys

i know this has been done do death, i have searched but i've not been able to find an answer. I'm having a mental block so just thought i would ask what everyone else puts.

I am filling in a EIC for a consumer unit change. I know that i'm not responsible for the entire installation just my new consumer unit so what do people put in the box that says "Extent of Installation Covered by this Certificate"

Im thinking something like "Consumer unit change please note that this does not cover the existing circuits"

what do you guys think and any suggestions ?

Cheers

As mdj said you have to test and certify all the ccts on cu change so you are signing off the installation, any remedial works will have to be carried out mate !

"CU change only. existing circuits tested and verified as safe for continued use". simpless.

"CU change only. existing circuits tested and verified as safe for continued use". simpless.

Thanks telectrix just what I was looking for I just couldn't put it into words :)

I am testing all the circuits I just wanted to state that I'm not verifying the rest of the installation just verifying that my work ie the consumer unit is certificated

If you had done an EICR prior this would cover the existing circuits, providing no major issues that effect your new board, then on your EIC you can state change of cu only.

Reply to Consumer unit change certification in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net