Discuss DB change confusion in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mkmukok

Hi guys
I have just come across with a job I did 5 months ago but I could not finish completely .I have done part rewiring in a house-ground floor and changed DB to a 17th Edition Wilex-2 rcds. Today I was back to the house and I found out that another electrical company have stripped off the RCDs and replaced them with RCBOs, but they have left 5 circuits on MCBs only....including ring main upstairs(existing R@B colours), lighting upstairs incl. Bathroom? Also existing and they left the new gas boiler on MCB as well.The existing wiring upstairs is in very good state and all tastings were in the norms.I wonder why they nave done this(some tester from the company have ordered this change), and will I be able to certify this DB if it stays like this.I was intending to use this job for my assessment with Elecsa...
Thank u for the atention!

Hi.

If another company has been in there messing around then I wouldn't be using this for my assesssment, god knows what they may have done.

Why did another company go in???

Hi.

If another company has been in there messing around then I wouldn't be using this for my assesssment, god knows what they may have done.

Why did another company go in???

Hi
I have been away for four months, and job was left unfinished, becouse there is extention to the ground floor wich was not done and its part of the kitchen and living room.Now the extention is done and all circuits on groung floor are energised.
But I can not find a reason why ring main and lighting with bathroom upstairs, could be left on MCBs.Could be the reason becouse they are an existing ones?!
I am working on council jobs now and we change all DBs to 17th ed, even when installation is partly rewired(only kitchen ring and cooker) we still protect all circuits with RCDs , we don`t leave anithing before the RCDs.Just to mention-PIRs are done prior of every install.

In the circumstances its understandable that you`re wondering why - why would anyone get so confused as to undo what sounded like a perfectly compliant install???

But don`t waste any time wondering if they know something you don`t - they so obviously don`t know nuffin..
You`re quite correct - socket outlet ccts in a domestic situ require 30mA protection - period.
All ccts supplying a location containing a bath or shower likewise.
As to the other ccts, no blanket rules apply - it would depend on the circumstances

and if the ccts are energised, as you say, then an EIC must have been done first.

i just sucked the air through my teeth when you said you wanted to use this as your assessment job. id wait until you had one you were 100% confident all was well

Reply to DB change confusion in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net