Discuss Disassemble e27 fixture in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

dinel81

DIY
Reaction score
I bought 2 new e27 aluminum vintage fixtures after the original ones were poorly wired and the wire just fell out. I couldn't figure out how to open the fixture to repair it so bought new ones that were advertised as disassembled but they arrived assembled so I bought them for nothing. The seller has been useless at contacting me with help. I havnt found any youtube videos that show me how to open these types. Wait how do i upload images?

Use Attach Files below left. Or copy/paste an image into the text box.
There is a limit to file size, so try and edit a photo down to less than 3MB

Is it just the E27 lampholder you need to get into? Usually you can access the terminal screws without dismantling the lampholder itself.

If not, there is possibly a ring in the middle that unscrews, separating the two halves… or newer ones are a tab on each side that clips on.

Use Attach Files below left. Or copy/paste an image into the text box.
There is a limit to file size, so try and edit a photo down to less than 3MB

Is it just the E27 lampholder you need to get into? Usually you can access the terminal screws without dismantling the lampholder itself.

If not, there is possibly a ring in the middle that unscrews, separating the two halves… or newer ones are a tab on each side that clips on.
Attaching still not working but I think copy and paste is working... we shall see...
1674192470375.png
1674192498356.png

Does the end cap unscrew? At the end where the flex goes in.

Is that a card sleeve inside that needs removing?
Possible it will reveal the way it comes apart.
These are usually seamless looking but unscrew top section from bottom.
Looking at the photo the dimples around the top may be slightly inclined as you rotate thus given a point to screw onto a thread.

Is that a card sleeve inside that needs removing?
Possible it will reveal the way it comes apart.
These are usually seamless looking but unscrew top section from bottom.
Looking at the photo the dimples around the top may be slightly inclined as you rotate thus given a point to screw onto a thread.
This is all iv been able to do and the pieces still don't separate.
1674223469737.png

Try unscrewing by grabbing around the dimples near top and twisting against bottom section, that is the normal twist point.

Took rubber gloves and a lot of strength but got it. Decided to put a video on YouTube to maybe help any other poor soul that nearly goes to war with China after they couldn't open their light fixture. Thanks for your help.

Yes they aren't the best of quality. Glad you got it apart though.

Reply to Disassemble e27 fixture in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net