Discuss Earthing for an EV Charging Point in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well at the moment we don't have any idea as to values, construction method or any other hard data, secondly the services could change (not likely on a new build I agree), there is a formula that needs to be calculated to see what value the Ra is required to meet that particular exemption, it takes no account of existing steelwork or services that may or may not be present.

He is the man signing the paperwork to say it complies and which exemption he is using.

That's the problem, we don't have any hard data on anything as yet....

Ok, so...

RA ev less than or equal to 70 divided by (what is Im?)

Im -(70/230) x (8 x 25 x 8)

I being current, I don't understand what m is?
wrong.

look at the bottom of the page, its quite straightforward.

its explained in A722.4

d9693f1dad5b13d30cc2aff95ff036ee.jpg

edfaa2b7feb027615aa720d43f33fcc6.jpg

So am I correct in my working of:

Im = 8A (Clamped round Neutral at cutout)
Uo = 230
IL1 = 8A
IL2 = 25A
IL3 = 8A

So, I am typing this in my calculator:

70 / (8 - (70/230) x (8 + 25 + 8))

Answer is: -3.72

So, going on the Note, it says unless it exceeds zero, you do not need an earth rod....

Im is the max neutral current, so having just worked it out,i think its worked out at 91A, does this figure sound like a realistic figure? I don't really know what to expect here...

Your max IM I calculated at about 53 to 54 A taking into account adding a proposed further 60A load to one of the low loaded phases assuming say L1=8A,L2 =25A, L3=68A

That is just from the information you have given, your PME rod/s in this case would need to be about 3 ohms

This is only a quick and rough calc with using assumed values

Your max IM I calculated at about 53 to 54 A taking into account adding a proposed further 60A load to one of the low loaded phases assuming say L1=8A,L2 =25A, L3=68A

That is just from the information you have given, your PME rod/s in this case would need to be about 3 ohms

This is only a quick and rough calc with using assumed values

How did you come to that? can you show me the calculation how you did it please, my one came out different...?

Reply to Earthing for an EV Charging Point in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net