Discuss Electric Consumer Unit allowed in Boiler cupboard? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Chris please,not for one moment was there meant to be anything serious about the post,it was indeed a failed attempt at humour by me that's definite

Your previous posts and the info you give has been invaluable to many and long may it continue
You have my sincerest apologise for any offence created

"Hello again Des",

Thanks for your latest message - I was Editing My Post while You were writing it.

I did wonder if I had irritated You - and I did not mean what I originally wrote to state that an Electrical Professional had carried out ANY of the examples that I eluded to - the Works were almost undoubtedly done by `Cowboys`!

Sorry that I did not realise that You were having a Joke - Please don`t be offended by My Edits to the reply to You - I was trying to `Defend Myself` while also being hopefully inoffensive to You.

Again - "Happy New Year to You and your Family Des".

Regards,

Chris

Hi guys....thanks for your comments.

Glad everyone are now friends again...

I'll keep you updated with the outcomes of CU positioning & overhead supply change in the new year!!

Hi guys....thanks for your comments.

Glad everyone are now friends again...

I'll keep you updated with the outcomes of CU positioning & overhead supply change in the new year!!

"Hello Callum",

I was not suggesting that You would install the Consumer Unit in an inappropriate place by what I wrote.

I was writing My comments for the benefit of Non - Electricians who might find your thread and need advice about what NOT to Do / have done regarding positioning the CU.

Sometimes what We know to be `Obvious` does NOT occur to perhaps a person who wants to move Electrical or Heating / Plumbing items etc. - while doing a refurbishment for example.

And although their Contractor / Professional Tradesman should NOT install ANY Item in an inappropriate position - reading NOT to do something is often a good start to the `Thinking process` prior to any planned Works.

"Happy New Year Callum",

Regards,

Chris

- - - Updated - - -

"Hello Callum",

I was not suggesting that You would install the Consumer Unit in an inappropriate place by what I wrote.

I was writing My comments for the benefit of Non - Electricians who might find your thread and need advice about what NOT to Do / have done regarding positioning the CU.

Sometimes what We know to be `Obvious` does NOT occur to perhaps a person who wants to move Electrical or Heating / Plumbing items etc. - while doing a refurbishment for example.

And although their Contractor / Professional Tradesman should NOT install ANY Item in an inappropriate position - reading NOT to do something is often a good start to the `Thinking process` prior to any planned Works.

"Happy New Year Callum",

Regards,

Chris

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Chris, I see you updated your post. No offence taken - I knew where you were coming from.

Not to worry anyway.....deceiced to have the Gas Boiler relocated to the loft so the CU can go where I like (within reason!!)

Thanks again to all the helpful posters...

Hi Guys, Thought I would update the thread.

Dug the pipe trench and laid the duct at the weekend for my new underground supply. Had Scottish Power round earlier in the week to install 30m new underground cable and joint this onto the cable that fed up the pole orginally. Just waiting on the linesman coming to remove the overhead cables and pole. All Good that end!

Ended up putting the boiler in the loft which has given us more space!! I have just decided to have the new CU mounted in the same location once it comes to rewiring the full house.

Cheers, Callum

Reply to Electric Consumer Unit allowed in Boiler cupboard? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net