Discuss Electric heaters, central control in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

djelectric

Good morning!

I need to fit a wireless electric heating system in a 1 bed flat that has no gas supply. Gave client options of UFH and electric boiler system, but wants to go for panel heaters controlled by a central point (not necessarily individual rooms/zones but this would be a bonus if not too much more expense).

Can anyone recommend a suitable system? Have only done this kind of setup once but I cant remember the brand I used.

Cheers,

Danny.

dimplex pilot wire.PNGThere are loads of options out there like Dimplex panel heaters with pilot wire connections so can be controlled from Dimplex programmer/thermostat which could also act as the timer for the immersion if you have one.

Another option would be Rointe D series heaters where each rad could be controlled individually using their APP.

Last edited:
Thanks, the Dimplex is an option but would prefer a wireless setup to save running the pilot wires..

That Ronite stuff looks very nice. Not sure the client will fork out for it though, looks very expensive.

EDIT: Just remembered the brand i used (Celsia - Home - Celsia), may go with them as it was a pretty good system, but are there any other options for wireless that you'd recommend just so I can compare?

Thanks, the Dimplex is an option but would prefer a wireless setup to save running the pilot wires..

That Ronite stuff looks very nice. Not sure the client will fork out for it though, looks very expensive.

EDIT: Just remembered the brand i used (Celsia - Home - Celsia), may go with them as it was a pretty good system, but are there any other options for wireless that you'd recommend just so I can compare?

Tbh the stuff I've installed has always been pilot wire controlled. Haven't used many whole home wireless heating controls on electric heating. The one you've linked to looks an alright setup but shame about the thermostat its hideous.

Agree with you on the thermostat, it does look pretty bad! But functional. Really want to aim for wireless as the supply for the rads is pretty much in place and the client really wants to keep any chasing etc. to a minimum. Thanks for you help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Electric heaters, central control in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net