Discuss Estate car or van? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I was gonny suggest something like a crew van Allied vehicles in glasgow did a conversion ( they do taxi conversions ,disabled conversions ect ) mostly of citrone realat styles and someone in their design team did a "Contractor van seats front and rear window in door tool storage in back door roofrack n ladders on back door it looked the dogs a M8 got one for taking his dogs to shows
As for your choice that looks like a good wee van and the couple of guys i know have them n they seem to have no probs

Slightly O/T but how on earth are you managing to get 55mpg out of the D5 ... I'm lucky to get 40 on long journeys :(

04 plate and I have done a load of driving courses added to that I hate paying for fuel. The art is in taking your foot off the pedal until you just start to loose speed then put it down slightly, i have managed almost 60mpg going to Glos from London. having said that I also got 20mpg the other day when I floored it a lot!!:artist:

04 plate <snip> i have managed almost 60mpg going to Glos from London. having said that I also got 20mpg the other day when I floored it a lot!!:artist:

That'll be your main advantage - '04 plate... nice euro IV engine with no DPF ... I have the '07 Euro V version which is recognised to be less economical than it's predecessor.

Tempting to floor it from time to time though, really surprises a lot of people ;)

may have been mentioned if you have a estate car then you have to insure it for buisness use or your insurance will be voide and the car may end up getting crushed

Iv got traders nick, £400 a year unlimited cars 1 bike or quad and that me down as a sparky as well :D to and thro to work.
Just put my misses on who's 10 years younger then me and it went up by £40!

Just to add about the tax side:
As said, you can claim a £ per mile, or alternatively you can keep track of the total cost/expenditure of the vehicle and then claim a percentage for work. Taxman accepts either method - but you can't mix them. If you have a car that you use for work they will expect to see 'private use', although the extent of this will depend upon personal circumstances, e.g. whether you have a second car etc. I used to have a pick-up and claimed 80% business use on the cost of running it and 20% private usage. We had a second car which we used as a our main 'private' vehicle.

Reply to Estate car or van? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net