Discuss Estimated output/SAP for large systems in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Morgan keith

Does anyone know what the rules are regarding the estimated output? We're pricing a reasonably big job at the moment and saw a competitors kWh/kWp figures and none of them matched the figures you would obtain from using the actual proper SAP tables. Are there any guidelines you can follow. eg. If the incline of a roof is 17 degrees do you have to use the 'horizontal' figures or can you use figures of what you calculate between horizontal and the figures for 30 degrees from the SAP? The SAP tables seem very brief for something quite crucial.

All quotes must include a calculation using the SAP2009 calculation. Figures from other calculation tools (such as as PVSOL), which may give better results can be put into the quote but they must not be given precedence over the 'base calculation'. The idea of this is to give everyone a level playing field but (it seems), this is clearly not happening!

Reply to Estimated output/SAP for large systems in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Greetings, everyone, After dedicating over a month to researching Solar PV systems, I'm nearly ready to make a decision. I owe my progress to...
Replies
Views
Welcome to Accelleo! We are excited to present an excellent opportunity for Electronic Engineers to work within the Security and Defence space...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I'm seeking some advice about a solar PV system we had installed in November 2014 please. After 18 months, we seem to be consistently...
Replies
Views
crossplot
C
J
Hello all, I've had a chap come round to talk about getting some panels on the roof before the tariff changes in Jan. I've signed up and am using...
Replies
Views
Hi all I was wondering if any of you had a chance to look at the new Performance Estimation Just done a trial and I was wondering if you agree...
Replies
Views
Ian-LS
I

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock