Discuss Eurosec Alarm, Keypad Problem in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tom Penrice

Hi

Ive tried to install a Eurosec hard wired alarm at home. My keypad, PIR's and Bellbox are all connected to my control board. Ive attached a wiring diagram to show how ive connected it up. This is my diagram - View image: scan0001

The PIR's detect movement and light up as they should. The bellbox makes a noise when I first power the alarm up and the strobe flashes as it should. My problem I think is the keypad, it doesnt show anything on the display and I cant press any buttons to make it come on. Im not sure if its because ive wired the alarm up incorrectly or if the keypad is faulty.

If anyone could help by looking at my diagram and suggesting where I may have gone wrong that would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Not familiar with the model but that keypad diagram makes no sense to me mate. You should have a feed from the panel with connections to +, -, Tamp, etc

D1 & D2 is data in, data out.....if they are wired incorrectly, it would still light up, but not text, can only suggest check there is 12v to the keypad, check wiring and keypad fuse.

first check your cable to keypad with ohm meter. then as tazz says test for 12V at keypad. if no volts, fuse in control panel.

Thanks for replies.

The cable has been checked for continuity and is ok. 12v from control panel goes to 12v on the keypad, 0v-0v, D1-D1 & D2-D2 so it is wired correctly I think.

There is 12v across the 12v and D2 terminals on the keypad, is that correct?

Thanks

should be 12V across 12V and 0V. not sure about D2. could be a duff keypad.

it's quite likely that D2 is at 0V, so you will get 12V across + and D2. try disconnecting D1 and D2. then check for 12V on red/black at keypad.

OK. looks like you lost the 0v from panel. a likely cause is over tightening the terminal and creating a break wher it's soldered to the pcb. get a short piece of alarm cable (single core) and link the 0v keypad to 0v aux ( in panel) see if that works.

It appears both of the quick blow fuses in the control panel have blown, I don't get a resistance from them when testing with a multimeter.

Hopefully once replaced all should work fine!

Thanks for the help.

something wrong there. on power up, the keypad should display the firmware version. something like V1.8. and then maybe the date 1st January.

Other thing it can be is the data lines are wrong way round ie data in, data out.....I dont know what the terminals would be marked as, but it wont do any damage swoping them to test.

Reply to Eurosec Alarm, Keypad Problem in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net