Discuss Existing Burglar Alarm High Wycombe Bucks in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I'm not an alarm installer. Existing alarm system installed approx 20 years ago by me at Sisters. It's an old Electricity Board (later Square one) type System. It's not worked for a few years due to Fault displayed on end panel, therefore not used.
PIR's led's work. LED's on outside Bell box work.
However for some reason Alarm sounder kick in today for no apparent reason,
I don't live in HW now as moved.
Instructed Sister to remove 3 amp isolation fuse which silenced internal sounder.
SAB in Bell Box took over, stopped approx 20 mins later.
Anyone in HW area that could have a look?
Due to age of system, I'm thinking upgrade.
All PIR's and Bell wired in 6 core alarm cable separately from End panel.
1 x remote keypad in hallway.
Many thanks

should be an easy job to replace panel, keypad and battery, utilising all the cable and detectors. i'd jump on it if it were local., and fit a panel capable of remote access via mobilephone app.

Reply to Existing Burglar Alarm High Wycombe Bucks in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Can someone please guide me on this? I have virtually no experience of home alarm systems. The client has an alarm which had been fitted to her...
Replies
Views
Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me. I’ve just installed a texecom Veritas alarm in my garage at home and can’t seem to get rid of the...
Replies
Views
Hi I’ve recently installed a texecom veritus excel alarm system but having an issue with the sounder not going off when triggered by the pir I’ve...
Replies
Views
I know this is a forum for electrical problems but I can't find a forum for burglar alams (is there one?) Bye the by one of you may have an...
Replies
Views
Hello there, I’m in the process of mapping out a relatively standard S-plan system for my parents central heating and hot water system. Not sure...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock