Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss External lights in garden areas in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Spot the mistake.
External lights,Swa 3 c 2.5mm,connected in metal conduit boxes,lid & gasket.
Water getting into connections, tidied up & re connected filled with magic gel.
Anyone spot the mistake....clue there’s no flying lead from conduit boxes to earth.6F78CE66-21B5-4C64-A978-763F685FA6AD.jpeg

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea,rectified with earth,been like that for ages,so no earth protection @ connection points,only @ led flood,my oh my.

Call out this morning, guy had run a 1.5mm SWA to his shed, then installed a 2W DB with RCD and 2 MCB's serving a light and a couple of sockets. Apart from the fact that he'd stuck a 13a plug on the end of the SWA and plugged it into a socket in the conservatory he'd actually done a reasonable job....But it didn't work, that's when I got the call..... to find the N had popped out of the plug terminal. What surprised me was that someone capable of doing all that reasonably well was unable to diagnose such a basic fault! (in case you are wondering we discussed a proper connection via an FCU and certification to be completed at a later date).

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to External lights in garden areas in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom