Discuss Best JB to bury - driveway lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking to install some driveway up lights on my new drive way, either side of my drive is grass/gravel (soft dig)

I have spoke to a couple sparky mates and they have done it with galv conduit t boxes, wagos and magic gel (or similar) with gaskets/box lids. SWA between the boxes and flex out to driveway. Then bury these boxes to the side of the driveway so they aren’t on show, I know not ideal but no where else to put JB’s

My question is, is there a better way to do this? What’s the best thing to bury? Wiska box? Galv conduit box?

Any advice/ information greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

Galv boxes will corrode although terminations should be secure if encased in resin, but the resin filled joint kit per Julie #3 is the best option.

Thank you for the replies, I am going to look for a resin T joint.

Could I just fill wiska box’s with resin? And use wago connectors. As there will be 2 x SWA’s and flex

Thanks again

Hi

I am looking to install some driveway up lights on my new drive way, either side of my drive is grass/gravel (soft dig)

I have spoke to a couple sparky mates and they have done it with galv conduit t boxes, wagos and magic gel (or similar) with gaskets/box lids. SWA between the boxes and flex out to driveway. Then bury these boxes to the side of the driveway so they aren’t on show, I know not ideal but no where else to put JB’s

My question is, is there a better way to do this? What’s the best thing to bury? Wiska box? Galv conduit box?

Any advice/ information greatly appreciated

Many Thanks
Are you contemplating using mains or 12 volts ?

I am thinking of using these
However good your joints are (and there’s some good suggestions above), it won’t matter unless those lights have incredibly good drainage around them. They are almost certain to let water in sooner or later imo in the real world.

You want ip68, which usually means ELV. Look at Collingwood. Much more money, but I personally wouldn’t fit that Aurora fitting. Learnt my lesson the hard way years ago.

They’d probably be ok in raised decking, anything else, forget it.

Reply to Best JB to bury - driveway lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net